Uptown and Avenue Comparison

jka1217

So, I went to K-Mart today to see if they had Avenues here. Which they did, but only the pink/brown one. If they had the black/silver one, I would have it here at home to do an actual side by side comparison, but I did snap some pictures of the Avenue and put them next to some Uptown pictures.

Here some things I observed.

Here is the seat overall next to a pic of an Uptown.
0818081113a-1.jpg
DSCN1514-1.jpg

I sat DD in it quick, but she was uncooperative for a picture. It seemed like she would have more shoulder room since there isn't as much padding, but she's never seemed too squished in the Uptown even though she has fairly broad shoulders. Here she is in the Uptown at 21 months, ~30 pounds, 34.5 inches.
DSCN1673.jpg

So, I thought with seeing the stock pictures and my first glance at the seat that they had moved up the harness adjuster. Which would be great, because it's pretty low and can be tricky to get to. So, let's check it out.

Lift the flap, hmmm, don't see the harness adjuster?
0818081114a.jpg

Oh wait, there is it, still in the same low spot, except now the flap to access it is an inch or so above where the harness adjuster is. :thumbsdown:
0818081114.jpg

Still has all that pretty foam like the Uptown
0818081117.jpg

DSCN1513.jpg

But the cover is different. The Uptown cover is like an elastic shower cap that just fits over the shell and holds. The Avenue cover still has elastic and is a tighter fit, but is also held in place with elastic bands like a Scenera. I took a picture of the elastic bands at the top. I hope that description makes sense.
0818081116.jpg

Overall, still a decent seat, but the harness adjuster makes me a little mad. Either move it up or keep the access flap down where the adjuster actually is. The cover material seemed nice, although I'm not big on the elastic straps similar to a Scenera. Maybe if my K-Mart gets the black/silver cover one, I'll consider getting an Avenue, but for now we'll stick with the Uptown.

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Thanks for the update, Jen!! I should have gone with you. Tucker was a BRAT in Fry's. Oh well, it is probably best I did not go. Not that you noticed but were there any combination seats for cheap?

jka1217

Thanks for the update, Jen!! I should have gone with you. Tucker was a BRAT in Fry's. Oh well, it is probably best I did not go. Not that you noticed but were there any combination seats for cheap?

Didn't notice any, sorry! They don't have a whole lot of combo seats there.

jka1217

Yes, it seems there are currently four covers available for the Avenue. The two you linked to are available at Sears. K-Mart has a different pink and brown, and someone else found a black and silver one at a K-Mart. There are pics of that one in this thread.

Last edited:

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks for the review! It is really nice! I went to K-Mart today, but they had all of theirs bagged up & none on display so I could not play with one. Plus Marcus was being a BRAT & I didn't have my camera!

I was also going to say that I think I like the K-Mart cover better, but have yet to see the Sears one IRL! I think all of the covers are pretty though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC