RF, mirror to watch TV???

U

Unregistered

Is this Ok? Has anyone experimented with hanging a suspended mirror or the like,,so that a RF child can watch the TV along with the older kids? Is there anything dangerous about doing this? How was the image quality - if you tried it?

My 20 month old just got turned back around and now is rather upset that he has lost his ability to watch cartoons on the 2 hour trips to grandmas.

ADS

hjal05

This propably a big no no but we had to do it. We went to walmart and got a DVD player from the automotive dept that attaches to the headrest. We have it attached to the headrest in the seat that dd it rfing in. We travel 4 hr+ trips at least every other weekend if not every weekend and at almost 2 she doesn't sleep that whole time anymore. It is securely attached to the headrest. With us it was a choice that we made either a screaming child for 1 to 2 hrs or a happy child watching her dvd's.

finleysmommy

My DS (when he was still RF'ing) would just watch TV on his mirror that hooks onto the van seat. It's one of those that allows me to see him. It worked really well. It's padded along the edges and latches to the seat. I think I got it at Target.

fyrfightermomma

We just got back from a trip. My oldest was FFing so she could watch the DVD's. My youngest (who was RFing) just craned her neck to watch and had no problem since it's pretty high up (on the ceiling). Not sure how it would work with the headrest mounted ones (on the driver or passenger seat headrest).

She has a mirror, but didn't even try to watch through there.

U

Unregistered

thank you for those suggestions!
IT is a celing mounted T.v.
I like the idea of the lightweight, padded mirror attached to the seatback..I will try that,,but unless it tilts upward - i'm not sure if it will catch the t.v. image from so high.

Ideally,,somthing like the t.v. hanging from the ceiling behind her seat (above the empty 3rd row) would be great.

I know,,altering the vehicle in any way is questionable, and I'm mostly concerned with the safety of this alteration - I limit T.V. use at home..but I do find that for US - the T.v. in the car can bring distractions within the vehicle to a much less distractable level for me. Especially on those long trips to Grandmas which are over 2 hours.

thanks for all your input - I will look around at some options and write again before using them.

c

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC