Okay another question

angchick

so It is looking like Im getting two radians in order to fit all three kids in my Xterra. My question is which one? the 65 or 80? I know they are the same height but the 80 comes with infant and toddler head support and also the cute girlie print for my daughter, however the price difference is kinda big so is it really worth it? Is it important to use the head support with an infant?

Also my snugride for the new baby doesnt have an infant head support, is it bad to use one that is bought from the store and why?

ADS

Heather98012

I'm going to let someone more familiar with the Radians answer, but I just wanted to say that at first glance I thought your screen name was "angrychick" & I was like WOAH! :eek: LOL...the eyes play funny tricks, don't they?!

Good luck with your new seats. I know someone here will have great advice re: the head support.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Regarding the Radians-

I would go with the 65. I don't think the 80 is worth the extra money unless you are REALLY drawn to those pillows and that Princess cover. You can always use rolled up blankets to help support a baby in the Radian. :) Neither a four-year-old nor a 21-month-old should need extra support in the seat, though.

Regarding the aftermarket headrest-

They are not safe to use in a seat in which they have not been tested. In a crash, they can compress, which can introduce slack into the harness. In an accident, they can also slip behind the baby's head, which can cause head/neck issues when the baby's head goes back against the seat.

You can use rolled towels around the outside of the baby's head if you need a support. :)

angchick

I'm going to let someone more familiar with the Radians answer, but I just wanted to say that at first glance I thought your screen name was "angrychick" & I was like WOAH! :eek: LOL...the eyes play funny tricks, don't they?!

Good luck with your new seats. I know someone here will have great advice re: the head support.

actually my screen name does have significance. ang is the first three letters of my first name Angela and chick is the first 5 letters of my last name so I put it together. A lot of people always ask me if angchick means angrychick, angelchick and so on LOL

angchick

Regarding the Radians-

I would go with the 65. I don't think the 80 is worth the extra money unless you are REALLY drawn to those pillows and that Princess cover. You can always use rolled up blankets to help support a baby in the Radian. :) Neither a four-year-old nor a 21-month-old should need extra support in the seat, though.

Regarding the aftermarket headrest-

They are not safe to use in a seat in which they have not been tested. In a crash, they can compress, which can introduce slack into the harness. In an accident, they can also slip behind the baby's head, which can cause head/neck issues when the baby's head goes back against the seat.

You can use rolled towels around the outside of the baby's head if you need a support. :)

Thanks that is what I was thinking I just wished they had more cover choices in the 65 but It is not worth the money to make it girlie IMO especially when we dont want to spend a whole lot. Sorry Im whinning but I really want a minivan:( I know in due time just sadly not before baby gets here though

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The infant pillows are sold separately by Sunshine Kids as the Comfy-Soft and they are one of the very few aftermarket products that are acceptable to use.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
And sorry for serial posting -- if it really matters to you and you have a little extra cash later on, you can buy the Princess cover separately. It will fit the RN65, and then you'll have an extra cover, which is a nice thing to have with two kids in seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC