Uptown update

purplemama

I just got off the phone with Dorel and the person I talked to said that the one screw on top and one on the bottom of the harness adjuster was exactly the way it's susposed to be. I figured that after a few of you posted pics of your uptowns that had the same one screw on top. If I was them I would put two screws just to keep people from freaking out and thinking they got a bad carseat. Like I did.

I tried to keep the harness where it should be because adjusting it rearfacing is so difficult but it's like he grows two inches and gains five pounds when I go to put him back in. I end up pinching him with the chest clip and he's screeching the whole time and I can't get it to fit right without loosening and retightening. I honestly can't imagine DH being able to handle that. He still couldn't put him in the infant seat after almost nine months!! And now I work evenings so he has to put him in the car to take the older boy to sports practice. I can see why people would turn forward facing sooner than the seat limit because it would be so much easier to tighten the harness. About the only seat I saw that would be easier to tighten rearfacing would be the efta but I didn't like those red tabs. I wish someone would make something that adjusts rearfacing easier!!

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
well...not to get stoned...but the 3 in 1 adjusts so easily RFing....its one of the reasons i chose it...the adjuster thing is high up and set back such that regardless of seat shape or recline, you basically can NOT obscure it...in fact, we specifically chose it over the uptown due to the adjuster issue.
if cost were my main concern, id get a clearnace 3 in 1 for $80ish, if length of use were of concern, the new ones for $160 seem truly awesome....I've got a cheapy because i plan to follow it up with a nauti, so the lower slots dont bother me....

Mommy2Marcus

well...not to get stoned...but the 3 in 1 adjusts so easily RFing....its one of the reasons i chose it...the adjuster thing is high up and set back such that regardless of seat shape or recline, you basically can NOT obscure it...in fact, we specifically chose it over the uptown due to the adjuster issue.
if cost were my main concern, id get a clearnace 3 in 1 for $80ish, if length of use were of concern, the new ones for $160 seem truly awesome....I've got a cheapy because i plan to follow it up with a nauti, so the lower slots dont bother me....

I am with you on the 3 in 1 or AOE, whatever you want to call it is really the easiest seat to adjust RF IMHO as well. However the reason we do not reccomend it mostly is b/c it is outgrown early on RF & FF. However the NEW AOE does seem promising & if it adjust like the old ones do, then I would totally go for it. However my DS outgrew the 3 in 1 I owned at 17 months RF, so not a great RF seat! But if it is in your budget I would go for the New ones!

I am also not sure how the new TrueFit is to adjust RF, but it might be better than some of the other seats. Have you tried it yet??

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
To the pp: I honestly dont see how ANY child with a 12 inch torso could outgrow the AOE rfing?? I hate to say things like that, because I know anything is possible, but truly....the shell is SO tall, i'm not sure how a child with a 12 inch torso could have outgrown it??? My child with a 15+ inch torso has INCHES left in it..so even accounting for a longer neck or bigger head...i'm just still not seeing it. Perhaps different models? Because honestly...dd has a 15.5 inch torso, and has INCHES of shell left above her head.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC