Nautilus in Canada by Christmas

TerisBoys

EM'd Graco Canada yesterday. Still no confirmation re date or MRSP. He said Reece & Brooke are the covers being considered (hoping for Reece myself).

Where's the impatient toe-tapping smilie?

Brooke? There is no Brooke in the US.

Bravo, Matrix, Galaxy, and Reese. Does this mean Canada is getting a girly Nauti???

*sulks off to the US side of the board again*

ADS

bubbaray

Brooke? There is no Brooke in the US.

Bravo, Matrix, Galaxy, and Reese. Does this mean Canada is getting a girly Nauti???

*sulks off to the US side of the board again*

Sorry, I just bought a Brooke MA cover on Swap.

Reece & Bravo. I should have just cut & pasted from the email. Like this: "I know only that Reese,and Bravo are being considered."

Just trying to be h.e.l.p.f.u.l. Sheesh.

April

Mixed feelings about this. Super excited that we are getting some definitive dates, but that $229 is brutal. Honestly, for $70 I'd rather buy a Frontier. It doesn't change the fact that we'll end up with a Frontier and a GN anyways, cause Riley is heavy-set and Rayn is a beanpole, but still. I was hoping for at least $199 and a girly cover. Oh what a dreamer I am. I'll never be satisfied! Thanks for the updates ladies. I have a friend in the market for a new combo seat for her tall skinny DS, and I think I'll tell her to get the GN instead.

bubbaray

I was hoping for price equity. Over $200 and I'm seriously going to reconsider the GN. IIRC, it has SIP and the GN d/n.

Maybe TRU will have sales? getting closer to the US MRSP?

I'm really so SICK and TIRED of paying so much more for the same @#$^ seat with a French label.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I was hoping for price equity. Over $200 and I'm seriously going to reconsider the GN. IIRC, it has SIP and the GN d/n.

Maybe TRU will have sales? getting closer to the US MRSP?

I'm really so SICK and TIRED of paying so much more for the same @#$^ seat with a French label.

What I find more annoying is that a lot of the more recent new seats in Canada have come pretty close to comparable pricing - the TF is $10 more in Canada, the EFTA is pretty much the same price. Radian there's a $20 difference?

I'm sure TRU/BRU I'm sure will have sales though, and I'm guessing sales will drop it to the $200 mark. Heck, we've seen the MA $50 off a couple of times in the last year, so I'm sure that a seat from Graco will be on sale periodically.

Neatfreak

I'm actually considering this - DD's MA could be used RFing for two years for Kid 2.0 before it expires, so I could just have my folks bring a GN when they visit us in February. Wish the covers were a little more fashionable, though ... is there anyway that Britax doesn't spoil us?

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! It sucks that your seats are SO much more expensive than our seats! It also sucks that you do not have as much of a choice as we do! I certainly hope that it is a little closer to the $200 mark for all of your sakes!

However I also hope that you get it soon!

snowbird25ca

Wish the covers were a little more fashionable, though ... is there anyway that Britax doesn't spoil us?

Meh, Britax only has the Grey and the Tan patterns available in Canada. Not really anymore exciting than the Nautilus covers IMO. Although if they had the red or pink, then that would be exciting. ;)

snowbird25ca

WOW! It sucks that your seats are SO much more expensive than our seats! It also sucks that you do not have as much of a choice as we do! I certainly hope that it is a little closer to the $200 mark for all of your sakes!

However I also hope that you get it soon!

We're getting closer all the time to having the same selection of seats as you guys do. Not the Regent - I doubt that one will ever be here, but the TF, Radian's, MA, BLVD, Diplomat, RA, Frontier, EFTA, Apex are all available here. (And of course the 3i1n seats and the comfortsport.) Infant seats we have the keyfit now too, so there's not really that much of a difference between what's available in the US vs. Canada. A year ago the gap was much wider, but we have gotten a lot of new seats in the last year and there has been a ton of positive change. :thumbsup:

But I agree with you - it sucks that we pay so much more for many seats in comparison to you guys. And it puzzles me because some companies are able to price their seats at close to the same as the price the seats sell in the US. So if some companies can do it, why can't others?

hipmaman

But I agree with you - it sucks that we pay so much more for many seats in comparison to you guys. And it puzzles me because some companies are able to price their seats at close to the same as the price the seats sell in the US. So if some companies can do it, why can't others?

:yeahthat:

Neatfreak

Meh, Britax only has the Grey and the Tan patterns available in Canada. Not really anymore exciting than the Nautilus covers IMO. Although if they had the red or pink, then that would be exciting. ;)

That's a good point. My kid's original MA cover was microdot tan - our fave out of the oh-so-exciting denim, houndstooth, beige, and brown collection offered in 2004.

I really shouldn't buy anything until we have more info about whether we're more likely to move to Houston in the next six years, or back to Canada.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Does anyone know if Graco has ever had cover choices for their other seats that were available in the US but not in Canada?

Yes, they have comfortsports in the US with grily covers and very few of them (if any) are available here in Canada.

P

psophia17

According to the TRU website, you can preorder the Nautilus now, and it'll be released 3/01/2009. I bet they're all sitting in a warehouse right now.

$229 is spendy...ouch. I wonder if Walmart will have a less expensive model, like it does with some other seats?

snowbird25ca

According to the TRU website, you can preorder the Nautilus now, and it'll be released 3/01/2009. I bet they're all sitting in a warehouse right now.

$229 is spendy...ouch. I wonder if Walmart will have a less expensive model, like it does with some other seats?

Last I looked they weren't in the TRU warehouse yet, and you can count on TRU shipping them out right away if they have their stock in sooner than March 1st. :thumbsup:

For the record, the cost of the seat from Graco is more than what the current US MSRP is - though Graco has also indicated that the US price will be going up. Perhaps we'll feel a little better about the price once the US one increases. :eek:

Lea_Ontario

Last I looked they weren't in the TRU warehouse yet, and you can count on TRU shipping them out right away if they have their stock in sooner than March 1st. :thumbsup:

For the record, the cost of the seat from Graco is more than what the current US MSRP is - though Graco has also indicated that the US price will be going up. Perhaps we'll feel a little better about the price once the US one increases. :eek:

The Nautilus is on the floor in our store now !! It's gorgeous.

DH stopped by yesterday to give me keys and I jad to show him.

It's pricey, but not as bas as buying another Radian would be for us. And it's a beautiful seat.

snowbird25ca

The Nautilus is on the floor in our store now !! It's gorgeous.

DH stopped by yesterday to give me keys and I jad to show him.

It's pricey, but not as bas as buying another Radian would be for us. And it's a beautiful seat.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we might get them at our store in the next couple weeks. I haven't checked the computer in over a week, so apparently missed the arrival. I won't complain about that one. ;)

I'm buying one the first time it goes on sale. I love that we get our discount on sale items now. :cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC