Question for Nautilus Users

ilr01

If you use a GN, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me:

1 - Do you use it/them in booster or harness mode?

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat?

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height?

4 - On a scale of 1-10, how pleased with the seat are you?

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat?

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)?

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN?

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point?

Thank you all in advance!

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member

1 - Do you use it/them in booster or harness mode? Harness

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? 7y4m

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? 48 lbs, 16.5-17" torso height

4 - On a scale of 1-10, how pleased with the seat are you? 9

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? Loves it

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? Will get full use out of the seat - shoulder/crotch areas are not a problem.

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? Absolutely!

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? I have not used it in booster mode, but plan to.

mish

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)?

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point?

1. I have used it in harness and booster mode.

2. Both my kids have used it. Adam was 4 when I got it and is 5 now. Ryan was 7 and is 8 now.

3. Adam- 34 or 35 pounds, Ryan 55 pounds. Adam's torso is 14 inches. Not sure of Ryan's.

4. On a scale of 1-10, I am definitely a 10. I love this seat.

5. Both of my kids love the seat.

6. I feel I will get full use of this seat. Ryan is using it as a booster and still has one adjustment for height left. I also don't feel like the crotch strap will be an issue. I may not use the harness to 65 pounds with Adam, but that will be because I decided to move him to the booster.

7. I would still buy it.

8. I think it is a great booster. That is how we are using it right now. We change back and forth from Ryan using it as a booster to Adam using it with the harness.

scoutingbear

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? 2 & 4.5

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? C: 32# very long torso, not sure of the exact height (but is on the 2nd to top slots on his MA, top slots of Chase, etc.), A: 43#, again, don't know torso height, but is too tall for MA, just moved to top slots of Radian, on 2nd to top slots of GN

4 - On a scale of 1-10, how pleased with the seat are you? 10

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? They love them!

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? Nope

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? We do have to do it over again due to an accident, so I'm just waiting for the check to go buy new GN's!

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? We don't have it in booster yet, but we will not buy a dedicated booster to replace this seat

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
1 - Do you use it/them in booster or harness mode? harness

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? almost 5.5yo

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? 45# and about 16"

4 - On a scale of 1-10, how pleased with the seat are you? 8 maybe, we really like it

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? definitely

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? I think he'll be fine in till he outgrows it completely

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? yes

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? I let him use it once in a booster mode and it worked great, but we will probably still buy a dedicated booster and pass this down for the harness.

AmRo

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? 3.5

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? 37ish lbs, 16.5" torso

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? Yes!

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? I think we'll get the full use out of the seat.

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? Definitely.

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? N/A yet.

Carefulove

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? 4.10 Years

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? both boys are 39-40 lbs, 41 inches and torso height is bet 15-16

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? Love it and so do I.

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? Will get full use out of the seat

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? You bet!

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? Haven't use it in booster mode yet.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
my dd is harnessed, turnign 4 yo in a few weeks, 37 pounds, 39 inches, 15.5 torso, she loves it, we love it, believe we will get full use out of it, probably a 9 out of 10, and her older brother 11yo, about 70 lbs and 55ish? inches, has used it in booster mode and he said it fit him fine and was comfortable. We pan to use it for dd in booster mode when she outgrows harness. Unless something better comes out between now and then, i will absolutely get one for ds when he is 3-4 and turns FFing.

munchkin

1 - harness mode

2 - 3.5 years old

3 - 39 pounds and 14 inch torso

4 - 9 (I was moving it around and hit the arm rest on the Marathon and a big gash is now in the arm rest. I know it doesn't matter, but I am somewhat anal about keeping my seats in mint condition.)

5 - She loves it! Can't stop talking about the cup holder (there has been more than once when I have had to stop and get her a cup to put in it) and the 'pillows' so she can sleep.

6 - I don't think the crotch depth will be much of an issue, but I have to remember to grab it before she sits down so I don't have to fish it out.

7 - Absolutely.

8 - I will probably not use it in booster mode, just because I think when she is ready for a booster, her brother will probably be ready to FF/outgrowing the MA and he will get the Nautilus and I will get her something different.

MommyG

1 - Do you use it/them in booster or harness mode? Whoops...eta, harness.

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? I have two for kids who are 3.5 and 5.

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? Don't know torso, but they are both between 30 and 35 ponds and are 3'3" and 3'6".

4 - On a scale of 1-10, how pleased with the seat are you? 8. I really like it and there isn't currently anything that I think would work better for us right now, but if I was Graco, I'd make a few changes. :) There can be head slump when they sleep, for instance.

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? Yes. They really like the cupholders, especially.

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? Those areas haven't been an issue for us, even for occasional use with my 6.5 year old.

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? Yes, but only because there is not anything else I like better out there right now. And that harness is sooooo easy and smooth to work with. :)

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? I think we will use it as a booster, but I am fickle....I can't say for sure. I may want the latest and greatest by then.

Last edited:

fyrfightermomma

1. Ours is in harness mode
2. The child is 3 years old
3. The child weighs 24-25 lbs, torso height of 12.5 inches(this is her occasional seat in her dad's car, becuase of her weight she is still RFing in my car that she rides in 95% of the time)
4. 8-my only issue is headslump
5. This is my child's favorite seat. The cupholders and cubbies are her favorite part
6. We will get more than full use out of it. I can't even begin to imagine when she'd grow enough to hit the weight limit, let alone be big enough for a booster. Shoulder area and crotch area don't cause concern for me, but I have girls
7. Yes I would buy it again!!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My DD used a GN for a few months earlier this year.

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? She was 7 at the time.

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? Just over 40 lbs, about 16.5" torso height.

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? Yes, she liked it a lot; I'd say the only thing she would have changed was the cover - she prefers something "girly." ;)

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? I think she would be quite comfortable in it until she outgrew it, but she is pretty petite.

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? Ours was borrowed, but yes, I'd buy one. That is my plan, in fact, if we ever get in a wreck that requires replacing the Husky.

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? We never used it in booster mode, but I did try it out in booster mode with my older boys, and I'd be perfectly comfortable using it that way. It was at least as good as their Turboboosters.

mytwobugs

1 - Do you use it/them in booster or harness mode?harness

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat?3.5 yr

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height?38#, 15"

4 - On a scale of 1-10, how pleased with the seat are you? 9, since I have a car with seat belts that do not lock, built-in lock offs would be great but would probably increase the cost and I know I'm in the minority with belts that don't lock

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? loves it! always points out that his brother's FPSVD doesn't have a cup holder or toy storage

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)?Yes, I don't see it as a problem or becoming a problem

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN?yes, my only regret is that I like the new Reese pattern better than the matrix that we have

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? haven't tried booster mode and may end up passing it down to DS2 as a harnessed seat before it gets used as a booster

Gena

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? 4.4 years

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? about 38 lbs and about 15.5-16 inches

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? He loves it and calls it his "heavy boy car seat".

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? We will get full use out of it. We love how much body support this seat gives.

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? Definately

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? We haven't used it as a booster, but we do not plan to buy a dedicated booster.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

Harnessed

Thirty months old (2.5).

Weight- 28 pounds? I think?
Torso Height- 15"? I think?

9. I am very pleased!

DN LOVES it!

I don't know yet.

Absolutely!

N/A

casatterwhite

1 - Do you use it/them in booster or harness mode? Booster

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? 2.5 and 4.5

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? 40.6 and 41.8 lbs - don't know torso height. They are 39 and 42 inches with long torsos and short legs.

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? YES!!!!

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? I think we will get full use.

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? Yes - might buy two more for another car.

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? n/a

NOAHSMOM

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? 5

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? 16 ", 38#

4 - On a scale of 1-10, how pleased with the seat are you? 8

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? Yes

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? Not sure. I expect him to have a smaller build so I think the shoulder area will be fine until he is ready for a backless. The crotch strap seems fine.

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? Yes

You're welcome.

MissAllyLou

1 - Do you use it/them in booster or harness mode? Both, harness for a 4.5 year old, 6 year old, and 6.5 year old, booster for an 8 year old

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? 4.5, 6, 6.5, 8

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? About 30 pounds (so little!), no idea on torso height (he uses the 3rd set of slots), 50 pounds, no idea on torso height, also uses 3rd set of slots, 52 pounds, no idea on torso height, uses 4th set of slots, and the 8 year old uses the heighest booster setting, she's 89 pounds.

4 - On a scale of 1-10, how pleased with the seat are you? 11

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? They love it, all the kids fight over who gets to sit in it. They pass over a cowmoo marathon, and a Meghan BLVD to sit in the GN, and the 6.5 year old traded in his Monarch for the GN

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? I've already gotten my money's worth out of the seat! But no, I don't think the crotch or shoulder area is an issue.

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? I would have bought 2, and not gotten the MA. LoL.

8 - For those who use it in booster mode: Is it a good booster, or are you planning to buy a new dedicated booster at some point? I think it's a pretty good booster, but I always use the Monarch first choice, GN backup

NannyMom

2 - How old is/are the child/children who ride(s) in the seat? J is 5 and uses it, but his 8 year old sister still fits the same as he does

3 - What is his/her/their weight and torso height? J is 46 pounds, 47 inches, 16 inch torso height. A is 51 pounds, 52 inches, and measures 18ish Torso, but fits the same as her brother in tethered seats

5 - Does/Do your child/children like the seat? J wants to use the seat until he dies :)

6 - Do you feel you will get full use out of the seat, or do you think the shoulder/crotch area will become an issue as your child/children grow(s)? It would have been better if we'd bought it earlier (we didn't know better and had him in a backless booster). He's on the last slot, with growing room. The crotch area has not been a problem

7 - If you had it to do over again, would you still have bought the GN? absolutely

An extra note. A and J like to play with carseats with me at the store :) J was trying all kinds of seats that he should still fit in at Target. Because of the design of the crotch buckle, he couldn't unbuckle ANY of them, only the GN. He had also outgrown all the seats by harness height except the TF (and a new 3 in 1), which he had maybe a couple of months to grow before he was over the top slots. In the Regent he's on the 2nd from the top slot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC