Question seat belt location~ car in Japan

tnjw

Hello!

We've just moved to Japan with the military and are getting settled. We need to buy a car, (one made for Japan, not the US) and I have a question about car-seat installations.

We have 3 children:
DD1 5 1/2 years, 45 lbs, FF Radian
DS 4 y.o. 42 lbs, FF Radian
DD2 2 1/2 y.o., 26 lbs, RF in Marathon

I'm sure there are names for the various things I'm going to describe, but I don't know them! Hope I can make it clear.

One car we're looking at has the vehicle seat belt female part coming out of the seat in front of the spot where the seat meets the seat back, not coming out from between the seat and it's back, does that make sense?? Would this location impact safe installation of carseats in general, or out Radians or Marathon specifically?

THANKS in advance for your help!
Tiffany

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Do you mean the seatbelt stalk or buckle is more forward and not exactly at the crease of the vehicle seat, like the picture here

186_8639.JPG

instead of by the crease like this

187_8740

Not the best pictures of the seatbelt stalks, but that`s all I have at the moment :)

tnjw

YES! that's exactly correct. THANKS! :)

It looks like your first picture. In this car there is also a bit of plastic around the seat where the stalk comes out.

Will this make it hard to securely install our Radians or Marathon? I've always had rock-solid installs at home, and so don't want to buy a car here that will cause install problems.

THANKS!

~Tiffany

sunnymw

nak

it can make ff radian installs harder and occasionally impossible

take a radian with you and install in several places before you sign :) with seat belt!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC