Uptown problem???? Help!!!

purplemama

Well, after an hour and three pool noodle pieces AND a rolled up towel, I finally got the uptown installed rearfacing in my trailblazer (a carseat unfriendly vehicle!). So today DH and I go out to install in his car and that was even worse. We could not get it tight no matter what using a rolled up towel (no pool noodles left and no stores have any). I had the cover almost all the way off to get a good angle for pulling on the latch strap and I noticed that the harness adjuster thing only had a screw holding it in on one side!!??!! What the heck?? There is a hole for a screw there but no screw. So I check the one in my truck and only one there too but the other side. Is this normal, the way it's susposed to be? Doesn't seem okay to me but I don't make carseats. Of course I can't call today being the weekend and if we need to take the baby anywhere he can still go in the infant one. But I'm freaking out about this!!! HELP!!! :eek:

ADS

jka1217

Hmmm, I guess I never noticed before, but in this picture I took last week, it looks like mine only has one screw as well. I've used it almost daily for over a year now with no problems.

DSCN1730.jpg

Mommy2Marcus

Are you putting the foot down in the back for a RF install. The foot comes in the FF position when you purchase the seat. That could make it really hard to get a proper recline.

Also make sure that you're not over reclining the seat. If you could take some pictures that would greatly help us help you!

purplemama

It looks like other uptowns are like that too. I'm still going to call about it on Monday but maybe that's the way it's susposed to be. Weird!!

purplemama

Yep, the foot thing is in rearfacing position and I got out of car to look at recline line about a hundred times and if anything it's too upright in DH car. I have it great in my trailblazer, recline line is level with ground and it is TIGHT in there. One of the pool noodles and the towel were to keep two pool noodles from slipping out of position while installing. I'll be going to a seat check in two weeks to make sure it's good but from everything I've read on here I think I have it right. But the car is another story. Funny thing is it was much easier to install the base for the infant seat in the car than the truck. I think I might go buy a made for car seat install pool noodle material thingy and see how that goes. I can't post pics because I can't figure out how!

Mommy2Marcus

If you have a photobucket account then just use the IMG code from the picture. Put it directly into your post & hit submit, just make sure you resized it first, then it will show up!

purplemama

Good news!! I got the uptown installed in DH car. The trick was to do it by myself without DH help!!:rolleyes: Got it nice and tight with latch which is a good thing because the seatbelts don't lock in that car! It says it has locking latch plates but I got the seat way tight and then when I let go it loosened right up so whatever. And got it reclined right too. I'm going to call monday on the one screw thing and I'll post what they tell me.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
With locking latchplates, sometimes you have to flip them over once to keep them from slipping. Any car with LATCH will definitely have seatbelts that lock in some way. But it sounds like you got it in with LATCH, so it doesn't really matter, for now.

Also remember that for an older baby/child, the recline doesn't need to be the full 45 degrees. I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but that might also help in the future.

Weird about the one screw--cost-cutting measure perhaps?

emars002

i only have 2 screws but the places they put them seem strange - one on top on one side and bottom screw in middle:confused:
DSC01041.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC