Question Graco Snug Ride Expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Is the expiration on a graco snug ride 6 years? I have one that was manufactured in 04/2003. Is it still safe to use? I'm having a new baby in November, but I need to purchase a new seat for my 2 year old soon. If this one is still good, then I can wait and save money for a good convertible for the new baby. TIA!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Right, six years. So you have until April 2009 with it. Is it a five point harness? If it's a three point I'd probably replace this one pretty soon too.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

It's a five point harness. I want to get the Graco Nautilus for my 2 year old, and after Christmas I'd like to pick up the True Fit for the new baby. Hopefully after that, I won't need anymore car seats for a while, lol.

U

Unregistered

He's 35lbs. He's currently in an Alpha Omega 3 in 1. I know in that he can't use the harnesses after 40lbs, but he needs to be in them longer. I have a Britax Regent that I have my four year old in currently. He's 45in and 51lbs, so that was perfect for him.

rosomom

I also had a Snugride manufactured in 2003. I never noticed it until last week when I loaned it to someone, but on the back of the seat way toward the bottom (behind where the baby's feet would be) it is stamped with a statement about discontinuing use and discarding in after December 2009.

I purchased it in June 2003, so it must have been manufactured in April or May 2003, but they must give until December of the 6th year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC