Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Closed Thread
    Unregistered

Graco Snug Ride Expiration

Is the expiration on a graco snug ride 6 years? I have one that was manufactured in 04/2003. Is it still safe to use? I'm having a new baby in November, but I need to purchase a new seat for my 2 year old soon. If this one is still good, then I can wait and save money for a good convertible for the new baby. TIA!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Graco Snug Ride Expiration

Right, six years. So you have until April 2009 with it. Is it a five point harness? If it's a three point I'd probably replace this one pretty soon too.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Unregistered

It's a five point harness. I want to get the Graco Nautilus for my 2 year old, and after Christmas I'd like to pick up the True Fit for the new baby. Hopefully after that, I won't need anymore car seats for a while, lol.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

awww, but buying carseats is fun!!!

How heavy is your two year old?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Unregistered

He's 35lbs. He's currently in an Alpha Omega 3 in 1. I know in that he can't use the harnesses after 40lbs, but he needs to be in them longer. I have a Britax Regent that I have my four year old in currently. He's 45in and 51lbs, so that was perfect for him.

Carseat Crazy

I also had a Snugride manufactured in 2003. I never noticed it until last week when I loaned it to someone, but on the back of the seat way toward the bottom (behind where the baby's feet would be) it is stamped with a statement about discontinuing use and discarding in after December 2009.

I purchased it in June 2003, so it must have been manufactured in April or May 2003, but they must give until December of the 6th year.

I never even saw that, but mine had it too. I was just looking for the manufactured date. Thanks so much!!