First Years/Compass B530 as back-up booster?

MyBeachBabies

Target had a First Years/Compass B530 booster on clearance today so I picked it up to use a back-up booster. Do you think it is a safe choice for my 6 year old, 44 lbs, 47 inch son? He is in a Regent so we would only use the Booster if he had to ride in my husband's car or for a friend who may want to come over after school etc. I'm hoping to get a Frontier or a Monterey the next time we have some extra money or I find a good deal, but I thought the Compass will do for now. What do you think?

ADS

scatterbunny

I think it's be a fine choice. :) We have a B510 and love it. The B530's head wings are more shallow, though.

Key things to remember: the flip-up armrests must always be down when the vehicle is in motion. lapbelt and shoulderbelt on buckle side go under the armrest (that will make sense when you see the booster and play with it in the vehicle, if you are a visual person like me and have a hard time picturing that in your head :p ). If you give it to someone to use when it's folded up, make sure they know how to open it and then raise the headrest to the appropriate position for your child. My dh opened it up, plopped dd in the seat and buckled her up one time, all without realizing he had to raise the headrest up so that the shoulderbelt guide was at her shoulder. :rolleyes: I'm sure the shoulderbelt was falling off her shoulder, but I wasn't with them, and didn't realize what he'd done until I got the B510 out of his truck and noticed how short it was. :thumbsdown: Needless to say, he got a lesson or two.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC