which doulbe stroller

skaterbabs

I think people just assume that a SBS will be more difficult to steer because the tandems are so narrow. I liken it to driving a Suburban vs driving a school bus. The Suburban is a bit tricky at first, but the school bus is a nightmare. ;)

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
As long as you stay under the 29" mark with a SBS, they're so much easier to steer AND you can get through doorways. Unfortunately this eliminates using a Chariot double except outdoors (so I have a Chariot AND an MBUD)... but there are some good other options too--Phil & Ted's, Valco w/ toddler seat (I just added this to my collection--works great if the smaller child is in the jump seat!), or (if you're short or have a short stride) attaching a board. Nothing beats my MBUD though--and I thought I'd hate SBS but ...when I read that Maclaren didn't make a front/back tandem because they're impossible to steer I really had to trust them--they're pretty on the ball.. The MBUD steers like I have 10lbs of kid in it at most. It's amazing. Having two kids is enough work--you shouldn't have to fight with your stroller.

-N.

skaterbabs

Exactly. And even my Graco SBS was narrow enough at 29" to fit through standard doors. My double bike trailer/stroller combo is not, however. lol

melaniev

skaterbabscpst said:
My double bike trailer/stroller combo is not, however. lol
What brand do you have? again, as someone who walks for most of my errands, I cannot sing enough praise of the Trek, and while it can be tight at 1 store in particular (I have to be sure Im headed perfectly straight), I have not found a single door I cannot get it through. bank, dept store, convenience store / gas station, supermarket, all fine.

skaterbabs

um....I'd have to go check. lol We bought it at Toys R Us when my 8 yo was a toddler. Not worth replacing it at this point, it's served us well though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC