Anyone have pics of the different European car seats?

mykidsmylife

We are in Germany and a friend has a car seat my hubby explained as huge and looks like a papisan chair. Any idea what seat it is? Do you know of quick links to German seats so we can look at them? I am just sooo curious.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The chest clip (also called a "harness tie" or "retainer clip") is just a precrash positioner. It is intended to help hold the straps in the correct position even if the harness isn't quite as tight as it should be. In a crash, it will break open or slide down. See more in the SBS USA Technical Encyclopedia.

Adventuredad

If I knew what a papisan chair was I would be happy........:whistle: Is it possible it's one of the "Swedish seats"? They are a little larger in size. Was it used rear facing or ff? Over here (Sweden) we use chest clips for our infant seats but not on our rear facing seats which we use to age 4-5 (25 kilo or 55 lbs).

Jeanum

Staff member
Me neither. The papasans mostly look like gigantic belly pads to me. ;)

TerisBoys

I'm trying to remember which seat it is... But there is a Euro seat that is very roundish and papasan-looking.

I'll search after I get insomniac boy to bed.

TerisBoys

Maybe this one?

Graco Junior Mini

There used to be one that had side wings that adjusted in and out and it was round like that. I can't find it now tho. I swore it was either a Concord or Bebe Confort and I'm not finding it on either of their sites.

mykidsmylife

Thanks. I will show dh the Graco one and ask. They have a European seat and it isnt the EFTA.
It could be the Graco though..

Oh about the no chest clip thing, i hate it. I witnessed a 9m old who was FF in a properly tightened harness still manage to pull her arms out of the harness. Im thinking the crotch strap wasnt close enough leaving a gap for her to get her arms out of.
I woulda said something to the parents but they just left her alone in the car for an hour while they ate in a resteraunt. Too bad I dont know how to call the police yet.

UlrikeDG

OMG! You're in Germany? The Polizei take that very seriously. Hubby had a soldier get into trouble for leaving her sleeping baby in the car while she paid for gas.

German emergency numbers:
110 police
112 fire & ambulance

mykidsmylife

I am assuming they can understand English? I havent quite gotten the hang of German yet. LOL.
I will call if I see it again for sure. It wasnt hot so I wasnt worried about her being hot. If it was hot it would have been a different story.
We had also just gotten here and I wasnt sure how things worked here in Germany. It is soooooo different here then the states. LOL

Adventuredad

Germans overall speak poor English, most stick to only German.

left her alone in the car for an hour while they ate in a resteraunt.

This is a "funny" thing which differs a lot depending on country. Were they sitting right by the car eating and their child was sleeping? The safety in some countries, especially concerning kids, is unreal in some European countries and therefore you will see things that was never even possible in US. I've left my kids in the car SLEEPING many times while I was sitting right next to the car having a bit to eat (windows open, door open, etc.), Right next to the car, not 200 feet away. That's fine with me but I'm always careful about kids alone in the car since it can get very hot. Safety is thankfully not an issue here.

If you ever come to Sweden, don't be scared and don't call the police when you see 15 strollers parked outside a restaurant, with kids sleeping in them, while parents grab some food. :D Is as normal as getting dressed in the morning and not a safety issue.

Sounds like you will have a grat time in Germany, learn many new things (good and bad:D), and get to learn another culture. When are you coming to Scandinavia to drink great alcoholic umbrella drinks and drool over the 55 lbs rf seats?:love:

UlrikeDG

Germans overall speak poor English, most stick to only German.

That hasn't been my experience in any region in Germany over the past 12 years (I haven't been up north). Germans in general speak excellent English, but tend to be rather uncertain/modest about it. If you ask them if they speak English, they'll waffle ("a little") or say, "No," but if you just speak German to them, they reply easily in English.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC