Had to laugh, my MIL obviously doesn't know me

niccig

I'm about to go on vacation with DS, we're flying to visit friends and then driving 6 hours to stay with MIL/FIL. I asked MIL if she thought we would need the stroller, we never use it anymore except in airports as a luggage cart for the car seat, so I decided to just buy a luggage cart - smaller and we have a fair bit of luggage to get in a rental car. She then emailed me a few days later to ask if I would be bringing DS's car seat, as we can use the 3-n-1 seat that her granddaughter now uses in booster mode. This seat is close to expiry date or past it (I'll check when I'm there), it has no top tether, the straps are twisty ropes. But despite all of that, this is me, car seat crazy. DS only ever rides in our seats that I install or the babysitter installs, who I taught how to do it properly. We take his seat on the plane every time, and have done so since he was a baby. I had a chuckle at her suggestion, as I thought she knew me better when it came to car seats. :p

ADS

MoreLatte

Yes, I thought my MIL knew me better, too. One day when I dropped DD off, I said, "I don't want to take her seat (Regent) out of the car, so I'll just come back to pick her up." And she asked me if she could use the booster that they use at the table:eek:to bring her home in!!! I nearly flipped out! And if that wasn't enough, she then said that we needed to check some garage sales for a seat! I bought a seat for grandma's car shortly after that!

bethng

And she asked me if she could use the booster that they use at the table:eek:to bring her home in!!! I nearly flipped out! !

We had a family come to a check a little while back and one of the boys was sitting on a booster....the kind you put at your kitchen table. :rolleyes: They only spoke Russian so it was comical trying to make them understand using body language that this seat was for eating at home only. lol!

kate4478

lol, sounds just like my MIL too. ds is 15 months old 18/19 lbs and she wants to know when we can turn his companion around! i laughed and told her when he weighs 35lbs. she said, not going to weigh 35 lbs until he's 5 at the rate he grows. i told her, i guess we will turn him then. he just looked at me like i had 2 heads as i turned and walked away!

Mommy2Marcus

lol, sounds just like my MIL too. ds is 15 months old 18/19 lbs and she wants to know when we can turn his companion around! i laughed and told her when he weighs 35lbs. she said, not going to weigh 35 lbs until he's 5 at the rate he grows. i told her, i guess we will turn him then. he just looked at me like i had 2 heads as i turned and walked away!

LMAO! Sounds something like a convo I had with my MIL about my DS still RF! She asked me one time if he always "rode backwards like that". I told her yes & she told me it was dangerous! I told her it was safer & she rolled her eyes! She thinks I am crazy, but RF he will stay till he weighs 33lbs, which is the limit of the Marathon!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC