Update on doctor's note for FF

RJB78

CPST Instructor
So I posted a few weeks ago about an upcoming appt at my voucher site for a woman who had a 9 month old that was "extremely long," and that she was getting a doctor's note to FF him.

Here's the undramatic, but very happy, update. ;)

I told her about the importance of RF at his age and ERF past a year and said that he just needed a bigger car seat (he was in an infant seat and yeah, had outgrown that), and she was like, "Okay, if it's safest!"

Done and done. That was easy! And no, he was not some Goliath baby. He looked pretty normal to me!

ADS

NannyMom

I was just wondering yesterday what had happened with that. DId she actually have a doctor's note?

Glad it went so easily!

BeckC

Glad to hear that she's still RF him!

The whole thing sounds so odd though. She doesn't know that there are seats that can RF beyond infant seats? And she went to get a Dr's note to that effect and he didn't know either?

scoutingbear

I also want to say yeah! It's amazing how many people don't know that there are convertable seats out there. When C was still RF, I was chatting with a co-worker about her 4 month old and she was talking about how much she appreciated the you tube videos I sent regarding extended rear facing. Another co-worker, whose son is almost 4, said her son still only weighed 30 pounds but he would not fit RF (he is the same size as C). I told her that we weren't talking infant seats, but convertable seats. To which she replied, my seat doesn't rear face (she has an MA). And she works in pediatric speech therapy.

mimieliza

She doesn't know that there are seats that can RF beyond infant seats?

A lot of people are surprised that they have to or even can get a seat that rear-faces after their child has outgrown the infant seat.

When you think about it, it really would make sense if infant seats were RFing, and then toddler seats were FFing. Kind of like how Graco tried to market the Safeseat Step 1 and the Safeseat Step 2.

Most people just don't realize that it is ideal to RF past one year.

RJB78

CPST Instructor
The whole thing sounds so odd though. She doesn't know that there are seats that can RF beyond infant seats? And she went to get a Dr's note to that effect and he didn't know either?

Yeah, I've run into quite a few parents who didn't know. And I bet she never talked to the doctor.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC