Britax warranty question?

courtfrog2

Okay... I have sent all my registration cards in for all my britax seats. If I am having issues with one of my seats within the year, it should be covered right? This is completely hypothetical... I've not run into any problems... I'm just curious.

If I got the seat as either a gift or on swap here how do I provide the proof of purchase that they state is needed on the website?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

The warranty only applies to the original owner. Swap depends on if the poster you are buying it from registered it. If not, you can register as the original owner. If it was a gift, you should be the first one to register it.

As a side note- I've owned 3 Britax seats and sent all 3 cards in right away. I had to call for a warranty issue on my 3rd one and the only one that was in the system was the first. I had two separate issues with that seat (fraying d-ring and cracked EPS foam, nothing major). I was never asked for proof of purchase.

courtfrog2

I had the original warranty cards... although I registered them online? Maybe that makes a difference?

I'll call them sometime to see if mine are all registered.

*razz*

Just as an FYI - warranty cards are often just marketing tools. It's a little different with car seats and other children products, because filling out the card allows the company to contact you with recall information - but you rarely gain any extra warranty protection by filling out the card (the warranty must specifically state that the card has to be returned to get protection). It's actually illegal in some states (I know California for sure) for a manufacturer to require you to fill out the card to receive the warranty.

Sending the card in when the product is received as a gift is sometimes helpful, because it can help date the warranty. Otherwise, the manufacturer may choose to start the warranty period from the time they shipped the product to the store.

I always fill out my car seat registration cards, but I rarely send any other warranty cards back. If I do, I only fill out my name and address, because answering any of the other questions is a great way to get junk mail. It's basically a way for the company to learn a lot about you - and then they often sell the information to other marketing firms. Another thing you can do, rather than send them in, is keep them somewhere safe in case you ever do need them.

Sorry if that got a little off topic!

Melanie

I wouldn't count on it, but I think Britax can kind of look it up. I had a problem with a seat shortly after buying it. I didn't have my date of purchase with me when I called. They asked for the store name & were able to get a date from there (or maybe it was the date they shipped to that store).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC