I need a super durable and small double stroller.

mybabysmomma

I've been browsing and it seems like most of you are as stroller obsessed as I am, which I thought was hard to do. ;) But now I'm venturing into new territory and need some help/ recs from people who know what they are talking about.

Here are my needs/ specifications:
  • 2 kids, one 3 y/o 30 pounder, one 18 month old 23 pounder
  • the 3 year old isn't so much into the sitting anymore and would like to walk, until he gets tired and/ or hungry.
  • cup holders (for both parents and kids) are a must
  • we will be traveling A LOT. Lots of flying, lots of train rides and lots of getting in and out of cars so a good/ small fold is a big deal to me.
  • Most of our traveling will be done in Europe. The doorways and stores are VERY small so the stroller cannot be big.
  • Most of the streets we will be on are very bumpy, cobblestone and/ or uneven so the stroller must have good and/ or large wheels and be able to ride extremely smooth.

I was thinking of a sit n stand of some sort, but I'm not sure if there is one out there that can hold up to the cobblestone streets. Price is not really a concern, although don't tell my husband that, lol!

Thanks so much for your help!

ADS

BW1426

Baby jogger city mini double. The maclarens are much more compact, but the city mini will be a much nicer ride on the cobblestone.

MySillyKids

I was going to suggest the BJCMD but the fold isn't small at all. I mean i love how compact it is, but i couldn't imagine traveling with the thing.

back of my van:

BJinvan.jpg

IMG_9096.jpg

4 year old on the left, 2 year old on the right.

if i had to choose between the joovy caboose and the BJ, i'd choose the babyjogger, oh wait, i did choose the baby jogger!

lol.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'd probably be looking at what they use for singles in Europe... to cover the cobblestone sidewalk issue. A Zapp folds super small, but I'm not sure how it would do on cobblestone sidewalks. It also does not have a recline if that's important to you... a Valco Buggster might do well in that case.

The 18 month old can have the stroller the majority of the time. When you need the 3 year old in the stroller, I'd have an Ergo or Patapum carrier handy and put the 18 month old in that.

Both will fold small and travel well on an airline. :)

Otherwise we love our Maclaren Twin Techno for airline use (quick, small fold), but it's a side by side and probably wouldn't do well in the shops in Europe.

lovemybabies924

i had a maclaren rally twin before and it fit thru a regular house doorway opened but they have tiny weels...a peg perego pliko p3 has the footboard on the back for a toddler to ride so does the centro completo but the p3 folds alot skinnyer

mybabysmomma

Thank you SO much everyone! I really appreciate the replies and the pictures. I had never seen the BJCMD before but started to notice them after I saw the pictures here. I accosted someone who had one in a parking lot a few days ago and asked them all kinds of questions. I'm sure they were scared of the crazy stroller lady, but they were really helpful and let me push it around for a few seconds. I liked it a lot but...

I went ahead and went with a Joovy Caboose Ultralight. After (finally) talking to Dh about it, he said he felt comfortable traveling with our BOB Duallie SUS and/ or wearing both kids in the Ergos when we went places that the stroller would be too much of a pain. I honestly forget that he will be around to help lug a stroller and a kid around so that's why I went on a stroller quest in the first place.

The Joovy will be great for us for quick trips to post and for when we move back to the States so I know we will get a lot of use out of it.

Thanks again for all of your replies! I really appreciate it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC