?s about AO, AOE, new AOE

tjham

Wow! I don't envy you techs!

With the new seat coming out, with the SAME NAME as the old one :rolleyes:,
isn't it going to get mighty confusing for parents and for you when you do checks?

Do you think they will continue to make the old ones (AO and AOE) or just keep selling them until they are gone?

Did they actually change the shell or just change the directions?

I don't have one, I just curious! :D

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I think they have stopped making the old ones.

It won't be confusing for techs - we can read the side of the seat and the owners manual.

It might be confusing for parents who WANT the new seat & don't realize there is an old seat and get the one on clearance for $80 or whatever thinking they got a great deal only to find out they got a crappy seat.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My understanding is the new AOE is replacing the old one, so once current stock is gone, it's gone.

The shell is visually taller on the new AO seats, and the headrest is shaped differently, so visually there will be a difference between seats. The old ones all have the top headrest position for booster use only embossed on the shell as well, so it'll be easy to tell that way too. And the stickers are a different color on the new seats, so it'll be easy to tell that way as well.

The biggest difficulty will be those asking about the seat on the forums - we'll be having to ask everyone if they have a 40lb seat or a 50lb seat since they didn't rename the seat. :rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The big green and blue labels on the side will help (wait, is that the color I remember seeing?)

Yeah, they actually changed the seat, not just the labeling.

Gypsy, lol about reading the manuals :D

I HOPE they are done making the old models!!! Yet I saw a brand new AO in a plastic bag at walmart yesterday and am fearing maybe not? :eek:

tjham

"Duh" about techs reading the stickers on the side!
Of course!
I think I was just up too late last night to ask such a stooopid question! Sorry! :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Don't worry, it wasn't a bad question...it points out the huge annoyance that Dorel is dropping in our laps, though :p

Ahzryn

And, it's a valid reminder to us, no matter how much experience we have with seats, ALWAYS ALWAYS read the labels, the seat manual, and the vehicle manual. Even if it's a seat you know and are very familiar with, things change! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC