Hmmm...Taller shell on the Titan Elite??

Mommy2Marcus

So I was looking at the Titan Elite on Targets site & noticed it looked like it has a newer look AND a taller shell. Does anyone else think it looks taller to them?? I know we would have to see it side by side with the older ones, but it deffinatly looks like it is from the pictures. Here is the link to both the old & new one!

New:
http://www.target.com/Evenflo-Titan...v&field-browse=3579961&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=5

Old:
http://www.target.com/Evenflo-Titan-Elite-Car-Seat/dp/B000YZ7ZRM/ref=sc_ri_4/601-4269854-1056131

ADS

Shaunam

Hmmm...yeah it does look a bit bigger. Ok, who wants to head out and try to find one to measure it? :whistle: I'd do it but our target has the worst selection of seats! I don't think they even have the old titan.

agurlsride

If you take a look at the shipping dimensions, the box on the grey one is shorter by and inch and a half. Not sure if this says anything about the size of the actual seat though.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It looks a tiny bit bigger - it could also be the angle though. I copied both pictures into PSP and then cropped them and lined them up. It looks like the base on the new one is taller in one picture compared to the other - suggesting one is taken further away than the other. The difference in the angle and zoom of the picture and change in padding & cover color could be creating an optical illusion...

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Nope, those 2 seats are EXACTLY the same. It's just the padding is different.
The "old" one is actually a new one, and the "new" one is well..a REALLY super new one. I have one with a june mnfg date that is the "old" style and the "new" one JUST came out..ALL they changed was the shape/style of the infant insert padding. that is it. Instead of the "circle" shape, it is that new, boxier style...makes it look bigger.

HOWEVER, there IS an OLD style TITAN (like, from several years ago), that DOES have a shorter shell and slots..there are pics flying around of it, i'm certain i saw it in a thread started by threebeans. I saw one in person wheni was going around scouting seats last year. the old model had like 12 inch high top slots. The new models, both older and brand new padding styles, have much higher top slots with a decently high shell (comparable to scenera).
I have one sitting in my living room if anyone is DYING to see....
MY nearly 4 yo dd, with 15.25 inch torso, would have *just* outgrown it RFing - she is RIGHT at 1 inch of shell above her head, and right at 36 pounds.....she has a very little bit of room left FFing, depednign on incline...

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I don't know for sure about the back, but it looks to be the same height on both. I did measure the slots on the Titan Elite at BRU a few months back and the top harness slot was barely 14":

2422945331_6ed1fcb948.jpg

Here is a pic of the same seat next to a Tribute and Triumph Advance:

2423760364_a73e434717.jpg

It looks to have about the same back height as the Advance, but the base on the Advance sits higher, so the back on the Titan is actually shorter. And the top harness position is even 1/2" shorter than the Tribute!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC