How many car seats do you own and list them least favorite to favorite please.

rosey2007

I own a Baby Trend Flex Loc(DOM 2-05), FPSVD(2-06) and a Britax Regent(8-07).

Least favorite: Britax Regent: I do not know why but I just do not like this seat much.

Baby Trend Flex Loc: I have to buy a new infant seat because it will not fit in my car with the base, the handle gets stuck often,not much padding and the base adjuster is not too easy to use.

FPSVD: For some reason I really love this car seat. It fits my son great, it is easy to install with the LATCH or without, I love that the harness straps do not twist and I like it because it sits up higher.

ADS

munchkin

Right at this moment :whistle:.

I have a Graco Nautilus and 2 Britax Marathons.

I would be hard pressed to decide which I like better. I like the Nautilus for a FF seat. It fits my niece well (she talks about the 'pillows' everytime we get in the car) and it is easy to install. I love the Marathon for my RF nephew. I have never had an easier install rearfacing (click the Latch and pull), plus you gotta love all the cute covers :rolleyes:. And with all the carseats I have had in the last year, I don't see myself changing these two anytime soon.

skipspin

Britax Roundabout (Denim or Puppies)
Britax Wizard (Denim- used to have Midnight)
Radian 65 (Coastal)
Recaro Young Sport (black/blue)
Britax Parkway (currently in Tiffany)
Combi Connection (in attic)
A few backless boosters

I really love the RA, WZ, and RN, so it's a toss up.
The RYS is great, but since I have one RFing kiddo, and other kiddo is over 40#s I can't use it harnessed, which is a bummer.
The Connection is fine, I like it, but if I couldn't use it I'd be okay with it.

scoutingbear

At the moment we own 2 Nautalis, 1 MA, and 1 Radian 65. At my parents house the boys have a Turbobooster and a Chase.

Nauti: Love them, easy to install in DH's Murano with LATCH, but C has terrible head slump (until this last install when I reclined it and the seat back. A loves being able to unbuckle himself. Lots of room left for both to grow in it...the only seat where A is not at the top slots! :love:

MA: C likes it, but preferred it RF. I like that C can sleep without head slump and he just looks more comfy (although he prefers the cup holder in the nauti), so we use this seat on long road trips. I don't like that it is a PAIN to LATCH in the Murano (but a breeze to install in any other car we've ever put it in).

Radian: Love it! Is a PITA to install with LATCH in Murano due to the alligator clip, but a breeze to install in my car. A likes it as much as his nauti and we have to keep trading seats in the cars :rolleyes:

Chase: It's okay. Was a gift for A before we knew better (we are foster parents and A came to us at 3). C now uses it as A outgrew it by weight within 2 months of him coming to us (and we learned a whole lot more about car seat safety from our foster parent board).

Turbo: only used for short rides when A is at my parents house without a carseat or we are unable to switch him. He actually sits quite well in it, but he prefers a 5 point "race car" harness.

We also used to own an Apex and a Tribute but those were given away to families who needed them...so I could make room for the nautis

Nisha

Right now I own:

Britax Marathon (Favorite) Love it for ease of install, using them for both kids right now, one FF and one RF.

Graco Snugride I've always had good luck with my graco infant seats, obviously I'm not using it right now but I still like it! I've used it with and without the base and have never had any problems getting a good install.

Cosco Scenera Bought it because the regular car seat got left in grandma's car and didn't realize it until she was 80 miles down the road. I've always struggled to get a good tight install - I've always managed to get it tight but it takes me a long time - doesn't seem to matter which vehicle or which direction. It's a good backup but not my favorite by far.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I currently own 4 seats. Two Sunshine Kids Radians, a Safety First Enspira, and a Graco Nautilus. I have also owned 2 Britax Regents but I have sold them both.

Honestly, I don't think I could list them from least favorite to favorite. I like them all for different reasons. I also don't like them all for different reasons.

I like the radians because they are narrow and allow me to fit 3 across in my 5 passenger car. I also like that they are HWHs and if I need to, it has been tested with shoulders a little above the top slots. I don't like how tall this seat is when RFing. I do like that it can be tethered RFing.

I like the enspira because it fits like a glove in my car RFing. It is really quick and easy to install. I like it FFing but I don't like that it only goes to 40 lbs. I don't like that it doesn't make a good booster.

I like the nautilus because it fits most of the kids I watch. The kids like it because it's the only one I have with a cup holder. :rolleyes: I don't like that umm... it doesn't RF? Sorry, I can't think of anything. Oh, I know, I don't like the way the harness is set up (with the rollers) because I can't change the harness setting while it is installed like I can with my other seats.

I'll include the regent too. I like that, like the nautilus, it fit most of the kids I watch. I didn't like how heavy and awkward it was to carry. It was easy to install once I got used to it.

If you asked me to pick a RFing seat out of the seats I own, I'd choose the enspira unless there didn't need to be a front passenger. Then I'd choose the radian.

If you asked me to pick a FFing seat, I'd probably choose the nautilus. Maybe the radian, but probably the nautilus.

If you asked me to pick a booster, I'd pick the nautilus hands down.

sunnymw

--most favorite
Britax Boulevard
Sunshine Kids Radian80
Safety 1st Uptown
Graco ComfortSport
Graco Snugride
--least favorite

The BV and RN are equal, they both have their + and - :)

xxluckychicxx

Ok here are mine posted most loved to least loved:
-Graco SafeSeat1- easiest seat ever to install
-Britax Marathon (Platinum, dont like the cover) and Graco Nautilus (Bravo)- love them both equally
-Graco ComfortSport- loved it for FFing only (before I knew about ERF), but my DS outgrew it by 20 months
-Safety 1st Uptown- excellent seat for the price; a little tough to install RFing but high top slots and shell
-Evenflo Triumph (not Advance)- liked it pretty well until it came time to wash it :thumbsdown:
-Evenflo Portabout 5- ok seat except for the rear adjust and a PITA to install
-Baby Trend Latch Loc- hated everything about this seat except the cover

Last edited:

Mommy2Five

Seats we have owned....gonna be a long list...

MOST FAVORITE

(Convertibles & FF only seats)
Marathons (2)
Nautiluses (5)
Husky/Regents (3)
TrueFit
EFTA
Radian 80 & 65s (4)
Uptown
Breverra
Chases (2)
AOE
Cargos (2)
AOs (3)
EF Grow with me
Tote 'n Go's (2)

(Boosters)
Montereys (2)
HB Turbos (2)
LB Turbos (2)
Ambassadors (2)

(Infant Buckets)
SS1
SnugRides (3)
Primo Viaggio
Joyride

LEAST FAVORITE

:twocents:

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I currently own for two kids:
DS- Radian (my least favorite, his favorite)
DD- Marathon (my favorite) & a SS1 that i'll be sellling (she doesn't like it)

U

Unregistered1

I'm going to list the ones I've given to A's family as well since I still kind of own them. Here they are, favorite to least favorite.

1. Graco Turbobooster. I know, maybe I'm crazy, but I love it.
2. Graco Nautilus... definitely my favorite harnessed seat, mostly for the length of use. Only thing I don't like about it is the lower belt guides for the booster mode don't sit the lap belt as low as I'd like.
3. Evenflo Bolero. I'm in love with this seat, partly because it's the first 'good' seat I ever bought. It also installs great in both our cars, lasts long for a 40 lb harness, and is comfy for A.
4. Evenflo Chase. Very basic seat but decently padded and decent usability.
5. Cosco Combination seat - It fills a niche and it was on sale. As long as the kid fits in the harness I have no problem with it, it just has limited usability.
6. Expired Alpha Omega. In good condition, keeping for demonstration purposes. Obviously don't like it because it's expired... it's also an annoying three in one, bulky, heavy, and misusable. Oh and used.
7. Cosco Touriva OHS with notches. Keeping for demonstration purposes. Least favorite because I hate OHS, I'm REALLY not big on killer notches, and it's also used. It is a nicely padded model though, and not expired... too bad it's DEADLY.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I have far fewer seats than many!!!

I have 2 marathons. They are by far my favorite seat of all times. I just love it and always have. It's so easy to install, fits kids so well for so long.

My 2nd fav is the Frontier. I love it for different reasons. It's much more of a big kid seat so works great for my dd. NOT the super easy install of the MA so I can't rate it 1st.

The other 2 seats I have are the scenera and the parkway. These are back up seats. I like the scenera b/c it is so lightweight. When traveling I would much rather take the scenera than the ma but I can't say I like it as much as the ma. The parkway is a great little booster. Fits my dd well.

bethng

Favs (2 way tie)

Britax MA
Britax Regent

then in order from least to best

crappysport.....trying to get this rf'ing is horrid
EFTA kinda wide and don't really care for the adjuster knobs
FPSVD....liked this a lot better once I got a MA cover on it :whistle:
britax DC...little hard to adjust (this is my second....britax gave me a new one) but I love the seat as much as my MA probably...except for the adjust problem.

I also have two compass boosters. One pink and one giraffe print. I like them both a lot. They fold nicely, are comfortable and easy to adjust.

wendy1221

2 Frontiers -- I LOVE these seats! They're even better in person than I'd expected, based on so many people saying, meh, not worth it get the Nautilus. Much better than the Nauti, imo
2 Boulevards -- love them
SK Monterey --really solid for a booster. Ds loves it, says it's comfy
Companion --like it better than any other infant seat I've had, and I've had 4.;)
Parkway -- nice booster, like the wings, too bad it doesn't go backless
Regent --nice seat, not crazy about it
SS1 -- again, nice seat, but I'm not crazy about it
Turbobooster --when I bought it, before I knew there were better seats available via the internet than what I could get at K/WalMart in this podunk town, it was the nicest booster/seat for bigger kids out there. Now I realize it's OK, but not that great. The HB is too narrow for older kids, but it's very very easy for ds to take the LB in friend's cars.

Seats I no longer own are 2 infant buckets, can't remmeber which ones. One was Cosco and I HATED it. I didn't install it/ w/ the base b.c it didn't feel safe, good thing, too, b.c it was recalled after ds1 outgrw it. I got the letter, but it had been throw in the trash months before. No way was I passing that piece of crap on to someone else! After ds1 outgrew that, my uncle bought him an Evenflo Medallion V, which was the nicest cushiest seat I'd seen at at that time. We got it at WalMart in 2000 when ds was about 9 mos old. I loved that seat. I'd say it's the equivalent of todays EFTA. THe cushiest, most expensive, nicest seat you'll find in a Wal/KMart in a podunk town. ;) And I'd be completely ok putting my baby in an EFTA based on that and how much I loved that seat. :)

fyrfightermomma

Sorry I did most favorite to least favorite!

Recaro Signo(I just got rid of!) :(
Graco Nautilus
Compass True Fit
Britax Frontier
Britax Marathons
EFTA
SS1
Snug Ride
Turbo
Scenera
Uptown
Regent

cdncasper

Most Favorite

Sunshine Kids Radian--I want the Princess Radian for the girls
Graco Safeseat--I currently only use this for carseat demos
Turbobooster--since this is a LBB than I only use it for 7 yrs +
Cosco Voyager--only booster I currently have with a back

Least Favorite

Mommy2Marcus

I currently own 3 seats. One is in storeage as well as being expired. It is awaiting it's death once I move!

It is a 2 way tie between the EFTA & MA as I :love: them both for different reasons! I really can not say which I like better!

I have owned in order from least fav to most fav!
Comfort Sport- HATED this seat from day one! It was the WORST seat ever!
Snugride- pretty well liked it except for it being outgrown @ 5 months, but it is now expired!
AOE- bought 2nd hand before I knew better. Hated this one b/c the straps were SO twisty!
Husky- Like it, but have never really used it!
Safety 1st 3 In 1- Actually LOVED this seat except for the fact of it being outgrown to early!
EFTA- LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Marathon- LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC