Need help with car seat shuffle!

firemomof3

I need some advice! My current situation is:
DD1 5y/o 47" 45lbs. in GN seat belt instal
DD2 2.5y/o 25lbs. rf in signo latched in captains seat
DS 1y/o 25lbs. rf in signo latched in captains seat
I have an 03 Sedona minivan with the captains seat with latch & the "bench" seat with seat belts only in the 3rd row. All has been fine BUT now I am watching a 10week old! So I have to fit him in. I am wondering if the snugride will install with the seat belt next to the GN????!! I have horribly long belt stalks in the 3rd row and cannot get most car seats to install (EFTA, Signo, Radian)
The only other solution I can think of is to put DD1 in her parkway, DD2 in the GN and then put the baby in the vacant signo.
HELP :confused:

ADS

Melanie

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will pipe in, but I don't think you'll be able to get the snugride with the base in the third row. I have an 04 with the bench in the middle. Installing with the base made the snugride too long, even with the middle seat all the way forward & the back seat all the way back. I don't see how the snugride will fit directly next to the other seat-that 3rd row bench is pretty narrow. A RF roundabout fits in the third row, but I know that doesn't help you.

Have you tried the installs in the third row with that seat slid more forward or more back? I currently have a FF Marathon back there & it installs much better with the seat forward.

Sorry I don't have more help.

firemomof3

Well, the only seat in the 3rd row is the GN. So, I have room for another car seat but the problem are those horrible belt stalks!! :hitselfonhead:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC