A great way to clean your e-3!

skipspin

My green e-3 was nasty, grimey, and dirty. I've had it more than 2 years and use it all the time, and for a lot of outdoor things. It's been stuffed in the back of our little TJ Wrangler (how many double strollers fit back there?- It's about 8-10" deep!) left out in the rain while camping (oops), used to carry 4 folding camp chairs and one child at Camp Jeep two times. Yeah, it was kinda gross. I was planning on ordering another set of skins, but I wated to see how bad they would be after I washed it.

So, anyway, I needed to wash it- bad. So, I took all the fabric off the seat and immersed it in a bathtub of room-temperature water and 1 tbsp of Charlies. I then scrubbed all the really nasty parts with a toothbrush and Charlies and a little bit of water so it was sort of pasty.

It looks almost new! It got out all the dirty grime when DD's muddy feet have rested on the footrest (it's fabric/canvas) and even the black grease mark in the canopy.

I'm still going to order an extra set of skins (probably navy) but I am SO HAPPY that it looks so nice. I wish I would have taken before and after photos.

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Yay for clean strollers. :)

I used to just add mine (E3V2) to the line-up of vehicles when dh was washing. He uses a *very* gentle car soap (and only a tiny amount). The boys would have fun sponging down the canvas and I would follow behind with the garden hose and nozzle set on jet spray... worked great. It was wonderful when I was too lazy to remove the skins from the actual stroller. :whistle: :D

southpawboston

we bought our e3 used, and i just removed all the pieces and threw them in the washer (except for the lower basket, that one i washed by hand in a large utility sink)... came out like new!

skipspin

we bought our e3 used, and i just removed all the pieces and threw them in the washer (except for the lower basket, that one i washed by hand in a large utility sink)... came out like new!

With all the hard pieces in the canvas, and the snaps, etc I was afraid to put it in the washer.:whistle: That was my original plan. But, besides that I think mine really needed a scrub. It was embarrasingly nasty.

If I cleaned it more often- like I did before DS became a one-man tornado- that would probably suffice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC