Question Boulevard Vs True fit

susieq1202

I think I've narrowed my convertibale car seat choice to two...

Boulevard and True Fit

Was wondering if any one had the specs.

I'm looking for inside dimensions... which is roomier?

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't have the specs, but having tried both, the True Fit is roomier. Also, the True Fit gives you 5 more pounds to rear-face (RF to 35 pounds in True Fit, Boulevard RF to 30 pounds). This may matter to you if you have a heavier child that will outgrow the seat RF in weight before height.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't have the specs, but having tried both, the True Fit is roomier. Also, the True Fit gives you 5 more pounds to rear-face (RF to 35 pounds in True Fit, Boulevard RF to 30 pounds). This may matter to you if you have a heavier child that will outgrow the seat RF in weight before height.

The TF is also going to provide more height in the harness - probably about 1" more in actual use. Since most seats are outgrown by height before weight, I'd definitely factor that into the equation.

Do you have a store near you that you can try both seats out and see how they fit in your car? Zellers should have the TF in stock if your local TRU/BRU doesn't, and a local baby boutique should also have the Blvd if your TRU/BRU is out of stock on it.

I much prefer the TF over the Britax convertibles - it is much roomier in the interior, has 5lbs more in the rf'ing weight limit, and has a deeper shell so I suspect it provides just as much SIP as the BLVD and definitely more than the MA at any rate.

But try them for yourself and decide after that. You might find you like the BLVD better - we all have different likes/dislikes in a seat & not every seat works in every vehicle. :thumbsup:

theshapeshifter

We just got a True Fit and it definitely seems roomier than the Marathon at least. When the TF was sitting in my dining room this morning I decided to try sitting in it just for a laugh - and sure enough, I fit! I mean, there's no way I could've used the buckles or anything, but my 5'8" 170lb frame could sit in the True Fit and feel surprisingly comfortable. So I'd say there's plenty of hip room for even big kids! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC