My new marathon harness is fraying

melniemi

I just noticed baby's harness is fraying. DOM 3/08

As I was looking at it, I noticed that the new buckle assembly has metal inside the tongues and the old one doesn't. So after a few months of use, it has already started fraying. And I don't even loosen/tighten her harness which would cause more fraying. I leave it where it needs to be.

I called Britax and requested a new harness and a new buckle assembly - old style. They had some and are sending them to me with a label to return the fraying one.

Which reminds me, I am supposed to be receiving a return label for a cover - haven't gotten it?? It's been 2+ weeks - how long does it usually take?

Just thought I'd let you all know:D

ADS

kidzndogz

With the return label, they always send it to me via email. I get it within 10 minutes of getting off the phone. Then you can just print it out and you're done!

I'd call them back and tell them you didn't get it.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
They're going to physically send you a label? Interesting! The two times I got a label from them (in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008) it arrived within minutes via e-mail.

melniemi

They said they would send me a label for the cover via usps and the replacement cover through ups. Got the cover in 2 days, no label yet??

They said they would send the new harness and buckle assembly with a label and I would receive it in 3-5 days.

They never asked for an email. I'll call back.

Thanks - I hope they don't start having problems with their harnesses. I never minded the one click buckle and they never frayed, which is why I wanted one.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I suspect it's the harness not being loosened every time that is the source of the fraying from the buckle tongues - I know when I don't loosen the harness, I end up sliding the buckle tongue to get it into place, and the strap is already under pressure when I'm trying to maneuver it. If I buckle when the harness is loose, there's not the same kind of tension that would be on the straps as the harness was tightened over the hips.... which creates a six of one, half dozen of the other problem since repeated loosening and tightening of the straps has been known to cause the adjuster strap to fray.

Glad that they're sending you out the new harness and here's to hoping they get the return label thing worked out.

melniemi

I didn't think of it that way. I've never adjusted my harnesses every time. I have almost always left them where they need to be. (part of the reason is in case someone needs to drive my kids somewhere - I freak out at the possibility of them not knowing to tighten it - and I just find it plain easier :p)

Only one side is fraying, but my older dd's ma was used for almost 4 years without readjusting it and it never frayed:confused: That is why I requested the old style buckle assembly.

I still haven't called about the return labels. I'll do that now:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC