My Intro

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Ha! Just posted this on the Car Seat board...then stumbled in here. Here is my intro...sorry mods! lol

Well I've been lurking and posting on occasion here, and thought I'd do an intro! If this isn't the appropriate place...feel free to move me! lol :D

My name is Kay, I'm married with 2 wonderful kids...neither of which is in a car seat any longer. My youngest is now 9.5 and has been too big for any type of booster for a long time. Between my 2 kids, I have owned upwards of15 seats. So why am I here?? I am a home daycare provider, and I have taken it upon myself to purchase seats for all the kids in my care. I do not want to transfer seats from parents cars, nor do I want to use most of the seats they own as they IMO are less then safe (twisted straps, expired etc).

I have gradually began switching all my seats over to Britax when I discovered that the 2 & 3yr olds were outgrowing their convertibles, and were not ready to be in BPB. I've since sold all my other convertibles and now my collection consists of:

BV ff 2.5yr old 35lbs
BV ff 3.5yr old 40lbs
RA ff 2.5yr old 30lbs??
MA rf 12mo old 27lbs (just a guestimate...he's one chunky monkey!)

I also have an Evenflo Express Harnessed booster, 2 Graco Highback Turbo Boosters (not sure if I'll keep these or not), 1 Backless Graco Turbo Booster, 1 Graco Safeseat Infant Seat (LOVE this seat!), 1 Peg Perego Infant Seat (I'll likely sell this, even though I love it and get a GREAT install...just doesn't fit enough babies to be worth keeping around) and just got 1 Britax Parkway.

I've also had 2 Cosco Sceneras and 2 Evenflo Tributes but have recently sent them onto new homes. They served their purpose...but sadly were outgrown. At least with my new seats, it shouldn't matter the size of the child (I now only do infants & toddlers up to age 3)...I should be able to keep them harnessed.

Kay...happy to be here!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hello, Kay, welcome aboard. :) I'm another newbie here too who finally registered after lurking and posting as "unregistered" for a while. I'm a big Britax fan and I'm also very fond of the infant Safe Seat. Good for you for taking such good CPS care of your day care kids. I wish more providers were as concerned about CPS safety.

Tara

Hi Kay....Britax fan here as well. Only thing comparable, IMO, thus far is the FPSE. Those non-twist straps are the STUFF!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC