WOW....Now this is scary!!

Mommy2Marcus

I went to Wal-Mart to return something today....so...I just HAD to play with the car seats. I also wanted to see if they had anything new, like the EFTA, Truefit, or maybe even a new AOE, but they didn't. So I decided to put Marcus in the Nautilus & take a picture. He fit great, but this will not be a purchase for anytime soon! Here he is in the Nautilus...He would need the 2nd slot I think, but the padding made me unsure!
001-7.jpg

Then just b/c we were playing I put him into several of the other seats...He has almost outgrown the Comfort Sport for FF as he is on the last slots & he might be able to RF in it for a very short time, but not for long. He seemed to fit pretty good in an Eddie Bauer Summit Booster, he was on the last usable slot, but still had about 1/2" to grow. He had about the same in the Chase they had. I was not really impressed with any of them!

However he fit GREAT in a Graco Turbo High Back booster seat on the lowest setting. That was SCARY! I can not believe just how well it would have fit him, no wonder people think it is okay! Here is a picture of him in it to show it! He is not even 2 yet...he is 22 months, 26lbs & has a 12-12.5 inch torso....freaky he fit so well & scary as HELL! He really liked the Tara one sitting right next to it with all the pretty flowers & all! Hehehe!

002-8.jpg

ADS

crunchierthanthou

However he fit GREAT in a Graco Turbo High Back booster seat on the lowest setting. That was SCARY! I can not believe just how well it would have fit him, no wonder people think it is okay! Here is a picture of him in it to show it! He is not even 2 yet...he is 22 months, 26lbs & has a 12-12.5 inch torso....freaky he fit so well & scary as HELL!

Just because the back seemed to fit him well doesn't mean it will provide an appropriate seatbelt fit in the car. I put ds's in my neighbor's and I didn't like how the lapbelt fit. but yeah, it does seem to fit small children well - which is why most parents who put their 2 year olds in them don't realize there is any problem with it.

ginny4

james has jumped into his bros turbo & while yes the guides goes down REALLY short he didn't fit the lap belt at all. it was very high on his tummy. but i too say no wonder parents who get one of these for their 2-3yo think they fit fine.

Mommy2Marcus

Okay...so I didn't think of it not making the belt fit right, but I do see why people see no problems putting their little children in them now. I also made sure to say very loudly to Marcus while he was sitting in it....numerous times might I add....that he was WAY WAY WAY to little for that seat & that he would be RF for a long time. I also said to him quite loudly that he was to little for the Nautilus as well bc he was still RF! Hehe!

Hopefully someone overheard me & started wondering!

LuvMyCharlie

Oh yeah, I hear ya. It is VERY scary how some very young children fit the Nautilus. Here's my 13 mos., 21 lbs., 31.5" DS in one a couple of weeks ago at Target:

Not the best picture, but he wasn't cooperating and kept twisting to see all the "new" things around him. LOL

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Actually, I'm not so upset that the Nautilus fits 1YOs so well.

Despite the best practices that we recommend, most parents ARE going to turn their children FF at age 1 or shortly afterward. I'd rather see them in a Nautilus that will last them a LONG time than in, say, a Dorel 3-n-1 (which is a perfectly fine seat but with limitations that most parents don't "get") that is ripe for misuse, or a Comfortsport that they'll outgrow early, most combo seats that have low top slots and don't make good boosters, etc. :twocents:

Mommy2Marcus

Actually, I'm not so upset that the Nautilus fits 1YOs so well.

Despite the best practices that we recommend, most parents ARE going to turn their children FF at age 1 or shortly afterward. I'd rather see them in a Nautilus that will last them a LONG time than in, say, a Dorel 3-n-1 (which is a perfectly fine seat but with limitations that most parents don't "get") that is ripe for misuse, or a Comfortsport that they'll outgrow early, most combo seats that have low top slots and don't make good boosters, etc. :twocents:

Hiya BookMama! I am really not upset that he fit the Nautilus well. I actually almost bought him one before I decided to RF him again, but bought the Marathon so well! I agree with you the Nautilus over the 3 in 1's! I was upset about the fact that he had almost outgrown SO many other AND the fact that he fit the booster so well! Does that make since!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC