Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Chicco KeyFit Strada Booster

Is up on their site-

http://chiccousa.com/gear/car-seats/...ada-fuego.aspx

Micro-vented upholstery for breathable comfort
    More energy-absorbing EPS foam for maximum side-impact protection
    Adjustable, clip-on cupholder
    Headrest and side wings adjust UP and OUT
    For children 4-10 yrs, 38"-57" tall, and 33-100 lbs
    Converts to backless booster for children from 40-100 lbs
    Last edited by joolsplus3; 06-05-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: updated link

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Chicco KeyFit Strada Booster

"For children 4-10 yrs, 38"-57" tall, and 33-100 lbs"

I just love that usual 30 minimum creeping up a little to 33... And age 4 as a minimum? Be still my beating heart!

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

i also like how if you look at the other pics of the seat. It looks like the width on the high back expands outward for larger kids

Does anyone know what the price will be?

I also wonder how the seat depth is?

Zack 12/20/90 Taylor 5/11/98
    Austin 4/16/03 69lbs 58" Happily riding in Incognitos!
    Gavin 4/20/09 53lbs, 47" FF in an RXT, GN, and 2 FR85's
    DN Olivia 10/2/14 riding in an SR35

I thought it looked pretty cool. Although I'm curious if they'll take a shot at convertible seats too in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlsmommy View Post
    I thought it looked pretty cool. Although I'm curious if they'll take a shot at convertible seats too in the near future.
    I hope they do, if for no other reason than I get excited about new seats and then taking a trip to babiesrus to play with them!
    Shauna, mom to Adrian (9 yrs, 54" and 83 lbs), in an Evenflo Amp and Charlie (6 yrs, 42" and 35 lbs), in an Evenflo Titan 65.

Unregistered1

When is it going to be avaliable for purchase? I'd like to know how tall it is.

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Not sure I'm loving the armrests/belt path.

That's one thing I don't like about the Vivo - it's very hard to buckle in my van because of our fixed stalks.

The open loops in the headrest are odd too.

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    "For children 4-10 yrs, 38"-57" tall, and 33-100 lbs"

I just love that usual 30 minimum creeping up a little to 33... And age 4 as a minimum? Be still my beating heart!

I totally agree with that & hope that the other manufactors start moving theirs up as well! I would to see a minimum of 40lbs at least!
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

Nice, but I don't like how it expands like the Big Kid, leaving the lumbar with little support. I have heard of a lot of kids that find that uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post

When I was at Target the other day they had the new turbo boosters and I noticed that they said for 40lbs and up (I don't actually remember what the max weight limit was). I was just impressed that the minimum weight was moved to 40lbs. I didn't take note of the age limit either. I will check next time I go. So I think car seat manufacturers are starting to catch on a bit now with the higher weight harnessed seats and the higher weight minimums on boosters.

CPST Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Marcus View Post

I totally agree with that & hope that the other manufactors start moving theirs up as well! I would to see a minimum of 40lbs at least!
    I have tall skinny kids that while meet everything required to be in booster at the age of 4 if not older were not 40lbs. My oldest didn't hit 40lbs until after her 5th bday but had long outgrown many of the convertibles on the market. Yes, I would love to see the limit raised up from 30lbs to like 35lbs but I think 40lb would be a hard one esp on high backs b/c of those older skinny kids that are appropriate age to be in one.
    Jenny
    Senior CPS Tech-Instructor & Mommy of 2 girls
    K1 12 yrs old- 61" & 100lbs in vehicle seat belt
    K2 10 yrs old- 59" & 92lbs in vehicle seat belt

I'd be happy with a 33-35 lb weight minimum on boosters for those older but lightweight kids, but for me changing the age recommendation would be the biggie. If all the manufacturers would put age 4 as the minimum, that would help a lot!

I mean, the parents who are going to put a 2 yr old in a booster are still going to do that no matter what the package says, but for a vast majority of parents who walk into the store wanting to do their best but knowing nothing about how to choose a seat, who just go by the guidelines on the package, it would help!
    Lauren, mom to:
    A 8/03 in a pink Monterey and a Husky
    S 4/06 in a Mariposa Nautilus and a Regent

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zactayaus View Post
    When I was at Target the other day they had the new turbo boosters and I noticed that they said for 40lbs and up (I don't actually remember what the max weight limit was). I was just impressed that the minimum weight was moved to 40lbs. I didn't take note of the age limit either. I will check next time I go. So I think car seat manufacturers are starting to catch on a bit now with the higher weight harnessed seats and the higher weight minimums on boosters.
    Were you looking at the backless or the highback Turbos? The backless have been 40# for a while.

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

My DD/DS didn't hit 40lbs until they were SEVEN. I would be really disappointed to see booster minimums raised to 40lbs, though I think that raising the minimum age to 4 is great.
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

I agree also. My daughter won't be 40 lbs until 8 easily. I just am not willing to harness that long without occasionally using a booster.

I have the same problemwhen people say they want FF to be 2 AND 35 lbs. Again, my daughter won't hit that until probably 6 or 7. So she would have outgrown by height(and I wouldn't rear face that long anyways), but couldn't technically forward face yet if she followed the guidelines (even the 25 lb limit on the Frontier is tough for us, it really limits the use for her and she is 3!)

I am all for age limits, but raising weight limits I don't agree with.

But it looks like a cool booster....minus the whole middle part not looking too comfy

E 8y 43 lbs 58" Harmony NBB
    S 7y 52 lbs 54" Harmony NBB
    J-4y 38 lbs Graco Headwise 70 Britax Roundabout 50

Quote Originally Posted by Eviesmama View Post
    I agree also. My daughter won't be 40 lbs until 8 easily. I just am not willing to harness that long without occasionally using a booster.

I have the same problemwhen people say they want FF to be 2 AND 35 lbs.
    I am all for age limits, but raising weight limits I don't agree with.
    Yeah, I sometimes wonder if the people who say 2 and 35 are misunderstanding those of us who say '2 or 30' (that's in deference to the comfortsport with it's abysmally low 30lb limit, and really, 2 being a pretty good age to shoot for in the current culture)... unless there are seats that can truly accomodate 35 pound kids, then it's not a good suggestion to say '2 AND 35' at all! (says me, with my 4.5 yo who weighed 35 pounds, lol).

The reason I like the 33 as a minimum is at least it's based vaguely on a crash test dummies' size or on the average weight of a 3 year old...that 30 is just too low for boosters, I think, and 40 is too high (again, says me with 40 pound 6 year olds too tall for Marathons )
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TerisBoys View Post
    Were you looking at the backless or the highback Turbos? The backless have been 40# for a while.
    It was actually an orange backless. We have never owned a backless (I know I can take the back off of ours), but the orange caught my eye so I was checking it out.

Yeah, the backless has always been 40 on the Turbos (though 30 on some Coscos...30 and 12 months old... ack!)
    Julie

did anyone click on the link for www.carseattips.com

it has some great ones that say babies should not go forward facing until 18mo (or at least 1yr and 20lbs)... just that way.

and there's more about extended rearfacing in another brochure.

it's really cool.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos