Status
Not open for further replies.

crunchierthanthou

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
"For children 4-10 yrs, 38"-57" tall, and 33-100 lbs"

I just love that usual 30 minimum creeping up a little to 33... :love: And age 4 as a minimum? Be still my beating heart!

:thumbsup:

my2kidsSafe

i also like how if you look at the other pics of the seat. It looks like the width on the high back expands outward for larger kids

cowgirlsmommy

I thought it looked pretty cool. Although I'm curious if they'll take a shot at convertible seats too in the near future.

Shaunam

I thought it looked pretty cool. Although I'm curious if they'll take a shot at convertible seats too in the near future.

I hope they do, if for no other reason than I get excited about new seats and then taking a trip to babiesrus to play with them! :ROTFLMAO:

U

Unregistered1

When is it going to be avaliable for purchase? I'd like to know how tall it is.

TerisBoys

Not sure I'm loving the armrests/belt path.

That's one thing I don't like about the Vivo - it's very hard to buckle in my van because of our fixed stalks.

The open loops in the headrest are odd too.

Mommy2Marcus

"For children 4-10 yrs, 38"-57" tall, and 33-100 lbs"

I just love that usual 30 minimum creeping up a little to 33... :love: And age 4 as a minimum? Be still my beating heart!

:yeahthat:
I totally agree with that & hope that the other manufactors start moving theirs up as well! I would :love: to see a minimum of 40lbs at least!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Nice, but I don't like how it expands like the Big Kid, leaving the lumbar with little support. I have heard of a lot of kids that find that uncomfortable.

zactayaus

When I was at Target the other day they had the new turbo boosters and I noticed that they said for 40lbs and up (I don't actually remember what the max weight limit was). I was just impressed that the minimum weight was moved to 40lbs. I didn't take note of the age limit either. I will check next time I go. So I think car seat manufacturers are starting to catch on a bit now with the higher weight harnessed seats and the higher weight minimums on boosters.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
:yeahthat:
I totally agree with that & hope that the other manufactors start moving theirs up as well! I would :love: to see a minimum of 40lbs at least!

I have tall skinny kids that while meet everything required to be in booster at the age of 4 if not older were not 40lbs. My oldest didn't hit 40lbs until after her 5th bday but had long outgrown many of the convertibles on the market. Yes, I would love to see the limit raised up from 30lbs to like 35lbs but I think 40lb would be a hard one esp on high backs b/c of those older skinny kids that are appropriate age to be in one.

loufrando

I'd be happy with a 33-35 lb weight minimum on boosters for those older but lightweight kids, but for me changing the age recommendation would be the biggie. If all the manufacturers would put age 4 as the minimum, that would help a lot!

I mean, the parents who are going to put a 2 yr old in a booster are still going to do that no matter what the package says, but for a vast majority of parents who walk into the store wanting to do their best but knowing nothing about how to choose a seat, who just go by the guidelines on the package, it would help!

TerisBoys

When I was at Target the other day they had the new turbo boosters and I noticed that they said for 40lbs and up (I don't actually remember what the max weight limit was). I was just impressed that the minimum weight was moved to 40lbs. I didn't take note of the age limit either. I will check next time I go. So I think car seat manufacturers are starting to catch on a bit now with the higher weight harnessed seats and the higher weight minimums on boosters.

Were you looking at the backless or the highback Turbos? The backless have been 40# for a while.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My DD/DS didn't hit 40lbs until they were SEVEN. I would be really disappointed to see booster minimums raised to 40lbs, though I think that raising the minimum age to 4 is great. :thumbsup:

fyrfightermomma

I agree also. My daughter won't be 40 lbs until 8 easily. I just am not willing to harness that long without occasionally using a booster.

I have the same problemwhen people say they want FF to be 2 AND 35 lbs. Again, my daughter won't hit that until probably 6 or 7. So she would have outgrown by height(and I wouldn't rear face that long anyways), but couldn't technically forward face yet if she followed the guidelines (even the 25 lb limit on the Frontier is tough for us, it really limits the use for her and she is 3!)

I am all for age limits, but raising weight limits I don't agree with.

But it looks like a cool booster....minus the whole middle part not looking too comfy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I agree also. My daughter won't be 40 lbs until 8 easily. I just am not willing to harness that long without occasionally using a booster.

I have the same problemwhen people say they want FF to be 2 AND 35 lbs.
I am all for age limits, but raising weight limits I don't agree with.

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if the people who say 2 and 35 are misunderstanding those of us who say '2 or 30' (that's in deference to the comfortsport with it's abysmally low 30lb limit, and really, 2 being a pretty good age to shoot for in the current culture)... unless there are seats that can truly accomodate 35 pound kids, then it's not a good suggestion to say '2 AND 35' at all! (says me, with my 4.5 yo who weighed 35 pounds, lol).

The reason I like the 33 as a minimum is at least it's based vaguely on a crash test dummies' size or on the average weight of a 3 year old...that 30 is just too low for boosters, I think, and 40 is too high (again, says me with 40 pound 6 year olds too tall for Marathons :whistle:)

zactayaus

Were you looking at the backless or the highback Turbos? The backless have been 40# for a while.

It was actually an orange backless. We have never owned a backless (I know I can take the back off of ours), but the orange caught my eye so I was checking it out.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, the backless has always been 40 on the Turbos (though 30 on some Coscos...30 and 12 months old... ack!)

Kat_Momof3

did anyone click on the link for www.carseattips.com

it has some great ones that say babies should not go forward facing until 18mo (or at least 1yr and 20lbs)... just that way.

and there's more about extended rearfacing in another brochure.

it's really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC