What to do in this situation?

my2kidsSafe

We were out at my cousins softball game and my dd threw-up all over her regent. Not a little either. I mean massive amounts of it. Her entire seat was covered. There was no way i could wash it there since they only had porta-potties. And there was no way i could put dd back in the seat like that. I ended up takign the cover off the seat and wiping the seat down with baby wipes. I then rethreaded the harness back on and put dd in it, and then drove the 5 minutes to my parents house. Picked up there eddie bauer 3-1. Put ds in that and put dd in his MA. I am now home and washing the regent cover. I know you are not supposed to use aftermarket covers. But in an emergency like this is it ok to use it the short period of time without the cover on it. I think i am going to try save up enough money to buy a nautilus and keep that in the car as a back up. I was going to buy a new cover for the regent, something more boyish, so ds can use it later, but i am thinking about eventually selling it for the frontier.

ADS

a_js

I'd have done exactly what you did.

What about simply buying a spare cover to keep in the car--they aren't terribly expensive.

my2kidsSafe

i thought about that, but they are 80 dollars. And that doesn't include the harness and all that stuff. And then if i wanted somethign for the MA also it would cost me an additional 70. So for the 150 i could get the nautilus also. So between the 2 covers if i got the nautilus I would have somethign that work for both of them and or if i had my niece with me.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm a dork and always have a spare car seat. That's right, a whole seat. :whistle:

It has come in handy on many an instance where DD1 had an accident. Once DD threw up hotdogs and ice cream all over her seat, and man was I happy to throw it in a plastic bag (travel with those too) and put her in the fresh seat!

ETA: technically we have 2 spares because we also have a built-in CR in my van. But I still carry a spare (EFTA, since it's the only one they both fit in) in case DD2 throws up.

mish

You did exactly what I would have done. I don't travel with a spare seat. I never have and can't imagine ever doing it. I think it is a great idea, but I don't have that much space.

cpsaddict

Well, it's only happened once and I left my friend and her dd at the resturant we were at and I ran to Big Lots and got an Uptown. Now, though I keep an extra cover in the car.

a_js

i thought about that, but they are 80 dollars. And that doesn't include the harness and all that stuff. And then if i wanted somethign for the MA also it would cost me an additional 70. So for the 150 i could get the nautilus also. So between the 2 covers if i got the nautilus I would have somethign that work for both of them and or if i had my niece with me.

Seriously?! Holy cow, I haven't bought a cover in a while :eek: Yeah, in that case, I'd totally get the Nautilus.

HEVY

Was your question... could you use an aftermarket cover for a short time if your original cover got messed up?

i've thought about that too keepig a spare seat in the car. my question is i have a minivan. is it okay to lay a seat in the back storage like a stroller is. or do i need to fasten it in. i ask because i afriend of mine got into a car wreack her van was rolled and she had a turbobooster in the back storage area laying down and after the crash.(her van rolled) it was by the captains chairs. i'm afraid becasue that is where my two children are. i'm not using the third row tether should i just hook the tether to it and keep it short so in an accident it would stay back there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC