Concerns about the true fit

purplemama

Okay, I have some concerns about the true fit. Went to Target last night and after comparing the triumph advance and true fit, DH and I liked true fit way better. And to my surprise DH actually agreed to buy 2 of them soon:love:. So this morning I get on here to read more about the true fit before I buy it and I'm finding threads about whether or not the car seat can touch the front seat rearfacing and whether or not it has to be at a 45 degree angle rearfacing:confused:. I really want this seat because it will last till my DS is about 7 or 8(9 months 17lbs 27inches now). I'm concerned about buying a car seat that hasn't been on the market all that long and I'd like to wait to buy it but in about 5lbs we need a new car seat. We really just want to buy one seat that will last and spending $600 for two britax is just not an option, while $360 for two true fits is. I skimmed over the manual for the true fit and it is so confusing and hard to understand. The vehicles it will be installed are a 2004 chrysler sebring and a 2002 trailblazer. If anybody has any helpful hints about the true fit or knows anything concrete about the seat touching and 45 degree angle please help me. Any installation tips for the true fit would be helpful too.
I just want to say I'm sooooo happy I found this site, I have learned so much!!!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Learning Curve/Compass has stated that you can install it more upright. It depends on your vehicle whether or not the seat can touch the vehicle seat in front. Some cars don't allow it because of sophisticated air bags built into the back of the seat, although I don't think either of your cars has that rule.

fyrfightermomma

As far as I know, if your vehicle allows a carseat to touch, this car seat can touch.

The way its worded in the manual makes it seem like you can't. It says if the seat in front of the seat prevents you from getting a 45 degree angle, you need to remove the headrest, or install it somewhere else.

However, that was before they allowed more upright. It HAD to be at a 45 degree angle so they wrote that. Now you can be from 35-45 degrees reclined so its kind of a moot point.

So yes, you can have it more upright. I am 90% sure it can touch the vehicle seat in front if your car allows it, but because I don't have an updated manual hopefully someone else can chime in for sure

purplemama

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Good to know I can have it more upright or I'd have to get a different seat!

Does the head rest absolutely have to go on at 22lbs even if the baby is still way below the 1" from the top?

DH talked his parents into buying one for us!!! Yea!!!! Now we can afford to have one for each car!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC