Stroller for 23 mo twins and infant?

loufrando

My sister has 23 mo twins and an infant and she really needs to get a new stroller so she can function outside of her house as a human being again! lol

Here's the details: the twins are very antsy and are starting to want to walk alot (even though she really does need them to still ride a lot of the time for safety's sake). The baby is 2.5 months old. She currently has a Combi side by side (sorry, don't know the name!) and she usually puts the baby in his carseat in one of the seats, one of the twins in the other seat and trying to have the other twin hold onto the stroller while she's walking. Not good. Her boys are 'bolters' if you know what I mean. ;)

Anyway, I told her about the Valco double with the toddler seat but she is resisting. She says it "looks weird" to her (whatever!) She has this blind hope that the twins will have outgrown the need for a stroller soon and she'll be able to just get a single for the baby.

I'm not sure what advice to give her and my BIL asked me today to try to 'encourage her' again to think about maybe getting a stroller that would allow her to get out more with the kids and function a little better. I asked him budget and he threw out the number $400. :D

What setup do you think would work best for two very active almost 2 yr olds and an infant? A single and two of those backpack harnesses? ;) I thought of maybe something like the Joovy Caboose with the baby in the front and both boys sharing the back? She is not open to a triple stroller. :( Oh experienced stroller mama's, what do you think? Is there another option I'm not thinking of?

Thanks. :love:

ADS

loufrando

She just got a carrier. It's one like the Cozy Carrier, but a different brand. She doesn't use it much though, she says it makes him cry. I'm thinking more for when the baby is a bit bigger, out of the infant carseat and she doesn't want to carry him anymore. Like long term for the next couple of years.

(Oh, and she wants to have one more baby in a couple of years when this baby is about 3 yrs old, so whatever stroller she got could be concievably used by any of her kids for years to come).

Rosey

The Joovy BIG caboose has two seats and a sit/stand area. It also holds a car seat. I would put one twin in the front (easy access) the baby in the car seat in the back then another twin on the bench seat. I don't really view it as a triple.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Joovy-BIG-C...3QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

That is all I can think of barring wearing the infant full time until the twins mature enough to walk. I will think some more though.

It she decides to put them both on the back of a sit n stand, I would check the measurements of the baby trend deluxe versus the Joovy caboose to see which is bigger and which will push the weight of two toddlers over the back.

skipspin

I have a friend that had an almost 3 yr old, almost 2 yr old, and newborn-all boys. She had a regular Joovy and would put the baby's infant seat in the front, and make the two boys sit in the back when they needed to sit. Sometimes she would put both older boys in the stroller and put the infant in the front-carrier if she didn't bring the car seat. It worked great for her.

canadiangie

What about a Valco single with add-on toddler seat, and matching toddler footboard on the back?

Lay the baby in the stroller, put 1 toddler in the front seat, and let the other cruise on the board...?

Then switch the toddlers as one gets tired??

Then down the road when the twins are 5, and the baby is 3, and she has this other baby the 3y/o could either ride in the add-on seat, or cruise on the footboard, and the new baby could lay in the stroller?

I dunno, it doesn't keep both toddlers stroller'd, but since she doesn't want the Trimode double (which IMO is such a no-brainer and not weird looking at all), it might do the trick... ?

FWIW, the reason I suggest this set-up as an option is because I saw first hand a mom with 3 kids using the above stroller scenerio and it looked to work great. Her kids were like 3, 2 and 1 ish in age.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have the Valco double with toddler seat and I absolutely LOVE it. I can take it anywhere without any problems. I haven't touched my Inglesina Twin Swift since getting the Valco. Even my dh likes it...even after he found out how much it cost. ;)

lovinwaves

Also keep in mind that most stroller manufacturers do not recommend a child standing on the back until they are at least 2 1/2-3yrs old.

My vote is a side by side(which she already has) and babywear the infant. And if someone is with her when the stroller is needed I vote to get a single stroller for the infant for the other person to push.

Not sure if all of this is helpful since it doesn't really sound like Mom wants a different stroller. :shrug-shoulders:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC