Vendor Expo - Britax News

Mylilboyblue

Today Buy Buy Baby (the store I work at) had a Vendor Expo. In addition to Chicco, Fisher-Price, and other vendors, Brian from Britax was there. I cornered him (I should have been working :rolleyes:) to ask him some questions. Here is what he told me.

First and foremost they are coming out with more BOYISH covers. He couldn't tell me exactly what they are going to look like (since his meeting with the fashion buyers is next week) but we can expect more covers soon.

Next the Decathlon has/is being pulled from stores and will be revamped and re-released as the Decathlon Click-n-Safe. This seat will be limited to selective retailers. Expect this as late as April 2009.

The Boulevard Click-n-Safe will be released more widespread as early as October of this year. It is on a 90 trial run at Babies r Us and once that ends it will be released with more cover choices, including a Cowmooflage (ala the Diplomat).

The Frontier is going to come out with more covers shortly.

He told me that Britax believes that the Boulevard sales will be higher than the Marathon in the coming Quarters. SIP is important to alot of parents.

There are no plans to discontinue the Regent. The Frontier was supposed to replace the Monarch.

The Companion is being Discontined and they will be releasing a new travel system at some point in 2009.

Alot of stuff is going to come out during ABC in September (?). He said to look out for the new items then. Otherwise he said their line is rather complete at the moment.

All in all it was fun to meet all the vendors. I also got to meet HEVY and her adorable daugther. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I only worked to 12pm (had to pick up my kiddos!).

ADS

Mylilboyblue

HEVY may have more to add. When I left :( she was talking to Brian near the Frontiers. I really want a Frontier. Not only do they have a 9 year expiry, but they are just too darn cool.

I could have stayed there all day, if I wasn't working. LOL!

they have a video of how to use the new click and safe seat on their website. it looks interesting. hopefully it will help some of those harness lazy parents have an idea of how tight the harness should be. still looks like their is A LOT of user error room on it.
oh and i don't like all the patches britax is starting to put on their seats. first the label of what seat it is--thats fine...but then the eps label and now this safe/click label by the harness adjuster.

U

Unregistered

I played with the Boulevard CS at BRU a few days ago and was singularly unimpressed.

If it were just a gimmick for 20 extra dollars, meh. But the fact is it 'clicks' WELL before the harness is properly tightened, and I do mean WELL before. I think it's a clear safety issue and I worry parents are going to be improperly tightening their harnesses based on the click.

cowgirlsmommy

Maybe Britax will come out with some really cool infant seat that I can buy for our next baby. I knew there was a reason we were waiting. lol. :D

yeah the video is pretty bad it shows you it click and the harness is obviously too loose. then it says to make sure the hugs and chest clip or pulled down and tighten more...it clicks again...then it says to make sure the straps aren't twisted...(shold've done that first) then they tighten it again and move the chest clip up. it clicks more. i think it clicked four sets of double clicks in the video...its a sure bet for misuse

lorinick

I played with the Boulevard CS at BRU a few days ago and was singularly unimpressed.

If it were just a gimmick for 20 extra dollars, meh. But the fact is it 'clicks' WELL before the harness is properly tightened, and I do mean WELL before. I think it's a clear safety issue and I worry parents are going to be improperly tightening their harnesses based on the click.

I too was unimpressed with the seat. But I do like the new SIP wings on the seat. They seem to be selling well at the BRU store I work at in NJ. We sold two to one family with twin on Sat. Since they've been there we sold two and I only work two days a week.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC