Still so impressed with the Fisher Price Safe Embrace

tjham

I have two of these from 2001 which will expire March 2009. They have both been in constant use until now. I just replaced one with a Nautilus, so I took it apart to clean it up to save as a spare until d (for distruction)-day.

I am just amazed at how well made it is and how much like a Britax it is! The splitter plate is extra wide so the belt loops lay nice and flat. After just dealing with the Radian's weird splitter plate and the Graco one where the belt bunches, it was a pleasant surprise. The straps are in almost perfect condition, no twisting or turning. The cover washed up great. The crotch strap is nice and long. (I know, some say it's too long, but it's been nice!) The adjuster strap pulls smoothly.

All in all, it was before its time. ;)

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
I LOVED mine! I had 2. One for my 10 yo and one for Ian when he was little.
Best thing was everything was color coded for either RF or FF. You couldn't get an installation wrong. I wish all seat were made like that now.

lorinick

I also had one purchased in 2001 stopped using it last year. It was a great seat. I remember having to go crazy to find that seat. When Fisher Price decided to stop making car seats.

Kabes

I bought mine in 2001 also for my oldest DD's first b-day(Yes, I turned her FF. I didn't know better at the time.). I got the last one at our Wal-mart. I loved that seat more than any other. It was in a car accident in Jan. and of course it went to car seat heaven - sob.
RIP FPSE: You are missed!

TerisBoys

My Fisher Price seats were some of my favorites.

You're right - they were before their time.

If I was PG now (and I'm not) - I would love for someone to come back out with a SIV-ish seat with the over-the-shoulder soft strap instead of a handle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC