Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Does anyone know BRU's return policy for carseats?

I got dd's ss1 installed today. I think it's ok. It seems more upright to me than it should be, but the meter is reading right on the center of the blue zone. It wiggles more than the companion did, but it feels like normal wiggle to me, I think it's fine. But dh is really unhappy with it. He says it feels cheap to him and he didn't realize it had neither a tether nor a rebound bar. He wants me to send it back and exchange it for a Companion. I think it's too late. You can't tell I washed the cover, but I did. I did do it according to the manufacturer's directions, in the washer on gentle, mild soap, no fabric softener, no dryer. I also already filled out the registration, although I didn't mail it yet. We still have the box.

He's turning into a bigger carseat freak than I am, I swear!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Does anyone know BRU's return policy for carseats?

The BRU I worked at woudln't take back a carseat if it was washed, had the tags off/filled out,etc. It was basically unsellable in that condition.

As of early Aug, you have to have a receipt for everything too.
    DD-11, adult belt/ nbb
    DS-9, Vivo
    DD-2.5 ~24#, 33", RF in RA 55

Yeah, you probably won't be able to return it...if you make a big deal about it, you might be able to return it but generally they don't like to take back washed car seat covers.

So...worth a shot but be warned you might not be able to return it. The managers do have some leeway though so it is definitely worth talking to a manager.

And yeah, you definitely need the receipt.
    Sarah
    Sydney 5 1/2 - Turbobooster * Levi 4 - FF Marathon * Reid 2 1/2 - RF Graco MyRide

Carseat Crazy

Starting on Aug. 10th Sunday no receipt no return. Do you have the receipt? I work at BRU I have one manager who would never take it back. Try saying it's not working correctly. Not just dh didn't think it looked strudy. They have a better chance. BRU is getting strick with returns.

WHen I freaked out about the safety of the GN's red clips, I called BRU to ask about returning it. It had already been used a few days in my van. I didn't have the box, but I did have the reciept. They asked why I was returning, and I told them I didn't work well for us. They said as long as I had the reciept I could get a different seat (I assume I'd return it with credit to a new seat).
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom View Post
    WHen I freaked out about the safety of the GN's red clips, I called BRU to ask about returning it. It had already been used a few days in my van. I didn't have the box, but I did have the reciept. They asked why I was returning, and I told them I didn't work well for us. They said as long as I had the reciept I could get a different seat (I assume I'd return it with credit to a new seat).
    I've done that to saying something was wrong with the seat. I had a problem with my crotch strape on my Britax Blvd. they gave me another one.

Carseat Crazy

I bought it online. I'll try calling tomorrow and see what they say. I figured it was too late to call tonight.

Carseat Crazy

I returned a Marathon a few days ago (had bought it 2 days before) and all the guy did was look through the holding hole in the box to be sure there was a car seat in there!

Anyone could buy a brand new one and return their old one, I was shocked.

Just from mine I would say you can.
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

Carseat Crazy mommyto2angelgirls's Avatar

you bought it online right. i'd tell them iyou couldn't get a proper fit in your vehicle in the seat location it needs to be. you'd like to get a different seat. sometimes they are more allowing of people who are going to buy another seat from them. especially since you want to get a companion over it. **you'll be spending more**so they might allow it.
    DD1~5yrs~43.5lbs~42 inches~14.5inch torso~FF in a MA, Nautilus and Apex 65
    DD2~23 months~26lbs~33inches~RF in a MA and EFTA
    Little girl I babysit~3yrs~30lbs~35inches~FF in an Evenflo Triumph
    Baby #3 due in Dec~infant seat TBD~any advice??

Carseat Crazy

B/c I feel kida guilty about it, I'm trying to see if anyone will trade me a Companion for it. Jennifer is looking to see if her Target has any more clearance Companions. If not, I will probably try to return it.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mommyto2angelgirls View Post
    you bought it online right. i'd tell them iyou couldn't get a proper fit in your vehicle in the seat location it needs to be. you'd like to get a different seat. sometimes they are more allowing of people who are going to buy another seat from them. especially since you want to get a companion over it. **you'll be spending more**so they might allow it.
    but even if she bought it online, she washed the cover. To me, that's kind of committing to keeping it.

OP, I think you're doing the right thing trying to trade it. Have you tried listing it on your local craigslist?