Does anyone know the height limit on this seat?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The top slots are about 14 inches on that one, maybe 15. A 5 year old would not fit in it. It also has a 40 pound weight limit, so it's off the list. The cheapest harness option you can find for a kid that size would be the Safety 1st/Cosco Apex (or Alpha Elite...it's the same seat with a lot of names, 17 inch top slots, and a 65 pound weight limit).
:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, they upgraded the Tribute, too. It's really misleading for them to do that, the seat really does rarely fit kids past about age 3/35 pounds :(

Shaunam

It says it has a 50 lbs limit. Is that wrong or was it one of the new ones tested to 50 lbs?

I still wouldn't get it because of the low top slots.

I would get either a cosco apex or a graco nautilus. Before that though, see what your target has because a lot of people are finding amazing deals. I know some targets have the triumph advance for cheap and at least then you could try the child in the seat first (I imagine a 42" child would fit with a little room to grow, but that's not a given).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC