Update to seats in F250 truck

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Well, it went much better than I thought it would. Grampa's back bench was just slighty deeper than I remembered (like maybe an inch!), and the truck was a year or two newer then I remembered (that'll teach me to be a bit more observant lol, although I do only see this truck 2-3 times a year). I was able to get the Nautilus installed quite easily in the back on the passenger side, fully upright with no recline and just a smidge of the recline thing in front was off the front edge of the seat (like a fraction of an inch on just the very front of the curved part). What surprised me was that the Regent actually fit on the seat! Now, mind you, I had to still make some tough choices to do so; I had to decide if I went against the newer Regent instructions, or if I went by the manual and not been able to get the Regent in at all, therefore making me have to use a booster for the older one and the Nauti for the younger one. DD#2 was upset at the prospect of having to use the Turbo in the first place, so that factored into my decision. Now for the big disclaimer: I installed the Regent against the manual and made the parental decision to do so, and I am not advocating for anyone else to do this! I ended up installing it minus recline bar, LBP with no top tether (there are no anchors in the truck) for dd#3 on the driver's side. The very top edge was resting against the back window, but not putting a lot of pressure on it, so we were ok with it. It would have been perfect if I had two Nautis, but I had to make do with what I have. But at least I feel they are a bit safer than they were last time in their MA and WZ which were installed not to my liking one bit. By next summer, maybe I will either: A) Feel better about dd#2 in the booster with them (and her feel better about it as well) or B) I may have another Nauti or other seat that would work even better (and that I can install according to the manual). But for now I feel at least ok about it and I feel I did the best I could with what I had. At least both seats are installed solidly and should protect them well enough should something bad happen.I didn't get a chance to snap any pics, but I may try to when we meet to pick them up, which we will be doing later Saturday afternoon, and then dd#1 will go with them for a few days. Too bad she's waaaayyy to big for a booster, because I don't feel great about her having to ride in the back of the truck with no head protection! Isn't being a parent grand?!

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
If your Regent the new post advisory seat or a pre advisory seat? If it's pre advisory Regent then you are not going against the manual b/c Britax has said that you can still use the old manual. I did for a long time until we bought a GN and were able to move the Regent to a different seating position.

I still do not understand why Graco is requiring the full base to be on the vehicle seat bottom. I would like to know the reasoning for this as all of their other seats go by the 80/20 rule.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
My hunch is that it's Graco's only HWH harnessed seat to date, and Graco's internal testing results must have led to the requirement for the entire Nautilus base to fully rest upon the vehicle seat. :twocents: I'd be curious to hear if anyone got an answer out of Graco as to why specifically, though.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
If your Regent the new post advisory seat or a pre advisory seat? If it's pre advisory Regent then you are not going against the manual b/c Britax has said that you can still use the old manual.

Mary has a post-advisory Regent.

Oh, and great job, Mary! I'm really glad to hear that you were (reasonably) satisfied with the installations. I had a hunch that the Regent would work without the recline bar.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC