I got dd's safeseat today. Little disappointed.

wendy1221

First, the DOM is over a year ago. Whatever, this is my last baby, but it seems odd. Second, is there really no padding on the bottom of the seat? It feels really hard to me. Is mine missing? There was foam padding in the bottom of the Companion we had. It was firmer than the foam on the headrest of the ss1, but it was still cushy. Well, it's a pretty seat and it should last her a lot longer than the companion would have. I hope I don't regret not getting another Companion instead. Hopefully I'll learn to love this seat as much as everyone else seems to.

I also got ds1's Monterey today, and it seems like an awesome booster!:thumbsup:

ADS

NVMBR02

Only some of the SS1's and snugrides have the extra cushy padding.

I am happy you like it otherwise though!

NVMBR02

I think right now the SS1 only has 2 that have the gracopedic foam (I think that is what it is called?) One is beige and the other blue. I wish they would put it in all of them

wendy1221

I just went through them again. I gues I have one of the medium cost models, not the high end. lol. The high end ones are ugly. ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We didn't have the foam, and it was still the seat that dd slept in the most (we got it when she was 8 months old, and she was never a big infant seat sleeper till I put her in that plain bare bones SS1, lol). The foam also has the disadvantage of pushing the baby up higher so it gets outgrown sooner... that's only a big deal if you have a very young very huge baby who needs every extra milimeter of space, my dd didn't outgrow it till about 20 months...'but still....'.

I had 6 infant seats and the Companion was probably my least favorite :p

wendy1221

I like it a little more today. It will probably grow on me. ;) I washed the cover last night b/c it was super stinky. I put it back on and got her into the seat for minute (before she screamed bloody murder, of course ;)) I don't like that there's little built in/came w/ the seat head support, but that's nothing a rolled up blanket can't fix. Her shoulders are almost even w/ the 2nd slots! So I imagine it would fit a tiny newborn well as well as my chunker. She's 2 weeks old and was 9lbs4oz and 20.5 inches long at the doc's yesterday. She probably has a long torso, though, all of my boys do. She was also wearing a disposible diaper b/c I really need to do laundry, so may even be taller once she's in cloth again.

It will definitely last a LOOOOOOOOT longer than the Companion. I knew it was taller, but I am really surprised at how much taller it is.

It's really pretty, though! I got the Berkshire print from BRU. Maybe I'll post a pic later when I put her in to go to the grocery store. :)

cpsaddict

Both of my sisters have the medium level SS1's. One DN is 3.5mths and the other is a week old(7/31/08). Both babies are very happy in them, although the 3.5mth old is already more upright than newborn and is much happier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC