Regent vs. Frontier

~Kristina~

It's between these two seats. Ds likes red, so he's asking for that. Currently he's just in a graco bottom booster seat and is complaining his butt hurts. I've always wanted him in a 5pt harness, but dh disagreed. BUT, I've won the battle! LOL So I need pros and cons between these two seats. Thanks!!

ADS

loufrando

It depends.

How long is his torso? (sit him against a wall, mark where the top of his shoulders hit and measure from the floor to the mark)

How long do you want to keep him harnessed?

I will say that the Regent will harness longer, because it has 20 inch top slots and the Frontier has about 18.25 inch top slots (there is some debate about the exact measurements, but they are around those amounts).

BUT, the Frontier converts to a really good, really tall booster afterwards.

So they both have pros and cons. Unless his torso is already close to 18 inches, I'd probably say Frontier for longevities sake so he can use it as a booster afterwards. Although, I see that you have plenty of kids to pass this seat down too so... you could concievably use a Regent for him until he outgrows it, then buy him a dedicated hbb and pass the Regent down along the line... Sorry, I'm no help! I guess a lot would depend on his torso length.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
While I liked the Britax Frontier that we had (returned it) my 7yr while she loved the color hated the seat. She complained it sat to upright for her and hurt her in the crotch area. Her main seats are Regents (mine & dh vehicle & grandma's a booster) and she has no complaints about it.

HEVY

What you get will depend on your DS's size. The frontier will satisfy both you and your DH, he will have the 5-point harness for a bit longer then a really nice booster. But if he's small then the Regent will last longer harnessed. The Frontier also has a longer lifespan at 9 years compared to the Regents 6 years. If you can try to fit your DS in each seat and try to install them in you car to see the fit.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would definitely go with a Regent if you want to keep your DS harnessed. The Frontier's top slots are not all that much higher than the Marathon (only about 1"-1.5", I think), so he might not even fit in the harness of the Frontier. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC