Marathon Fraying Adjuster Update

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
Hello all: Received a response from my contact at britax concerning the fraying problem. He states "Generally if a consumer has a frayed adjuster strap and the seat is less than 6 years old, we will provide a new harness to replace the strap." So, anyone who has been having problems, tell them that information or ask for the supervisor. If that doesn't work - let me know!

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I called today about my adjuster strap fraying and they told me they would send me one as a good will act because my seat is out of the warrenty period. I mentioned this and she pretty much just laughed at me and told me that they usually only replace if it is in the warrenty period and that they will replace it for me today as a one time only thing and out of good will.

So, if anyone has issues I would ask to speak to the supervisor.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
They like to make it seem like they're doing you this big favour, but in reality they're correcting a product flaw that should not be happening within the lifespan of the seat...IMO.

-Nicole.

AWW

The adjuster on my AOE seat frayed (I know, different brand completely), I contacted Dorel/Cosco one day after my warranty was up and the representative sent me a whole new seat. They said that the adjuster couldn't just be replaced that the whole seat did. I didn't argue. I still don't understand why the adjuster strap can't be replaced.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC