Question Help me choose multipe car seats please

U

Unregistered

I currently have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is 32lbs and 36" tall riding in a Britax Roundabout forward-facing and a 2 month old daughter in a Graco Snugride. We have just one car at the moment, a Dodge Neon. We are really hoping to get a second, larger vehicle before buying a new seat for my oldest daughter. I'm thinking of getting the Britax Frontier for the new vehicle and either moving the Britax Roundabout to the new vehicle forbthe baby or getting something else and leaving it in the Neon. I am also thinking of getting 2 Sunshine Radian 80's for the Neon (if we move the Roundabout) IF one will fit rear-facing in it. The Roundabout just fits, somanything longer probably won't fit.

Anyway, I am going to need three seats - one for my toddler in a larger vehicle and one for a Neon, and one for my baby for one of the vehicles, as she can use the Roundabout for an additional 3 years (she'll probably outgrow it before it expires).

Some of the seats I am considering are the Frontier, the Radian 80, The Apex, and the Nautilus. What other seats are out there with a harness and a high weight/height limit?

Thanks for reading my long post!

ADS

HEVY

Have you thought about a Britax Regent? It has the highest harness height available. If not my choice would be the Frontier. For your baby I would consider a True Fit or Marathon for the larger car.
What you choose is basically going to fall down to what fits or installs well in your cars and your preference. You should try your children in the seats first if possible.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Radian may not fit RF in a Neon. It might fit in between the seats, but that may even be a stretch.

I think I would look at a Regent for the most-frequently-used vehicle (for your toddler) and a Nautilus in the less-frequently-used vehicle.

The baby would do well in the Roundabout in the most-frequently-used vehicle and perhaps a Safety First Avenue or an Evenflo Triumph Advance in the less-frequently-used vehicle.

Just my :twocents:. :)

The TrueFit is a really cool seat. That may also be a good option for either of your children.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC