What seats to buy

my2kidsSafe

I want to get 2 new seats for dh's car. The kids are only in his car in emergencies. Or special circumstances. Like when my uncle passed away, and i took ds to the funeral with me. Since he was only 6 months old, and dh took dd with him to his mothers house, and did some stuff. Other than that, and one other time which i forget the reason, i believe it was another funeral. If dh has the kids alone and takes them out (which also never happens) he uses my car and i use his. Currently we have a safeseat for ds that he used to use, that i believe he no longer fits in. And an eddie bauer 3-1 that has about 4 months left on it. My kids stats are ds is 19 months 27 lbs and 35 inches forward facing due to severe car-sickness. We keep trying to turn him around to no avail. But for this car i think i am going to stick to the forward facing even if he gets better only because of the low chances that he will actually use that carseat also. And because the car is a 2 door mustang a forward facing seat will fit much better in it. He is tall and i tried him in the scenera and he really did not have alot of room left in that seat. DDs stats are 4 years 4 months 37 lbs and 40 inches. Although we are hoping after her heart surgery she puts on some weight. I don't want to spend alot of money but i was thinking for ds i was thinking of getting him a nautilus, and picking up a cheaper high back booster for dd. I hate to do this as i would love to keep her harnessed long. But like i mentioned this is for emergencies only. And in an emergency if dh has the nautilus in his car and has to pick up dd from school and i have ds with me, he can put her in that. It would be only in severe emergency. This along the lines, like i am out alone with the van and in a car accident or something he has something to put them both in. What would you do?

ADS

HEVY

How about the Nautilus for your DD? Are you looking for something permanent? If not, maybe the Scenara for your DS, it's inexpensive and will harness to 40lbs, Walmart and K-mart have it.

NVMBR02

I would also check your local Targets to see if you could get an EFTA on sale.
I think the safety first ave. has taller slots that the Scenera, so that might by you more time. Then get your dd a Nautilis, then when your son outgrows his seat you can move him into her Nautilis and her into a booster. Or you could get two Nautili. I personally woulddn't put your dd in a booster quite yet, she is still so tiny.

NVMBR02

Would she fit in a cargo or a chase? My dd is about the same size and still has a bit of room in the chase. I don't have a cargo but i thought the harness height might be a little taller?

Loves2sing

I think I would buy one Nauti, then a less expensive seat such as a Chase for your ds, then once ds outgrows the chase, you could put dd into a booster, and ds into the Nauti. She just sounds SO little to be in a booster.:twocents:

NVMBR02

I think I would buy one Nauti, then a less expensive seat such as a Chase for your ds, then once ds outgrows the chase, you could put dd into a booster, and ds into the Nauti. She just sounds SO little to be in a booster.:twocents:

I think this sounds like a great plan.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC