Why do they do that

K

kmicah

Why do they do that

We are looking at a Chevy Venture Warner Bros. Edition (the 2002 is AWD) and it comes standard with 8 passenger seating. The driver, passenger, three separate seats in the middle row, and a bench for three people in the rear. My question is, why would Chevy only offer LATCH on the two outside seats in the middle row, and not on the middle seat which is the safest place to put your child?

This was true on the 2001s, however, we are not sure of the 2002s since no one has them in stock yet so we can go look.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Micah

ADS
C

Caviller

LATCH

Two reasons-

1) Cost, they are meeting the minimum requirement.

2) Confusion. With three sets of LATCH seats, they may be concerned that parents would mix up which anchors to use in each position.

I'm not saying they're doing the right thing, but that's probably why.

I don't have my manual handy, I'll answer your quesion on the Passat tomorrow if no one does before me.

C

cps tech

Also, there might not be space

The specs for LATCH anchors require that the anchors be a certain distance apart so that they will work with all LATCH seats. Most vehicle seats simply aren't wide enough to accomodate 3 sets of anchors.

Krista

K

kmicah

RE: Also, there might not be space

I don't think that confusion about which LATCH to use would be the issue since the one that we were looking at has three individual seats for the middle row (the outside two of which have LATCH anchors). Spacing could be the problem. I will have to go look at them and measure. Looking at the seats with the naked eye though makes it look close. We didn't see much difference (if any) in the width of the three seats. There definitely could be. Cost could definitely be the issue. I will research this further, although, I am open for any information.

Thank You,
Micah

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC