Vent stupid sears

geth

okay so sears really isn't stupid. but i have already been checking out the britax carseats for when i can afford one. that's what i'm going to treat myself to. and they only carry the marathon which i like but it's online. the sears for 100 miles around me do not have the britax in their stores. and if i can get it from the store i can get at least a 10% discount if not more. :( and the only thing this sears has in a carseat is a couple eddie bauer things.

okay not that anybody cares but that really bums me out.

ADS

mum2two

I haven't bought a carseat in a store in ages..I always find much better deals online with free shipping and no tax....Britax is having their big sale in September..watch these boards for online stores that will be reducing the Marathon significantly and you'll have a much broader choice of covers too!

Beth

geth

hey thanks! yeah they only had two different styles to choose from. why will they be having a big sale in september? do they always do that?

Wineaux

Britax has a September sale every year for online only retailers. I have never known Sears to participate, but stranger things have been known to happen.

As for sales, there are some going on right now. Go to the Shopping forum here and read the various threads.

NannyMom

I went to BRU the other day to buy water shoes for DD for the beach and was given a booklet of coupons upon check out. In there were 2 coupons for 20% off any 1 item. So....Britax Marathon goes from $280 to $224 (plus tax). The coupons are only good 8/15- 8/21 and 8/22- 8/28.

Do you have a BRU close by?

My pregnant boss *might* be using my 2nd coupon, but if not I'd be happy to pass it on to someone else!

geth

hmm i usually get BRU coupons in the mail. the closest one is over an hour away. i still won't be able to affrord one by time that one runs out but maybe by september or if not hopefully they will have more coupons out then!

thanks so much!!!!

NannyMom

I get them in the mail too. But sometimes when you make a purchase, they give you an extra little book with different coupons. It keeps ya comin back ;)

NVMBR02

If you have the time, I would wait for the Sept. sales. If not I am sure another BRU coupon book will come out. It seems like I get them every other month or so.

geth

i have the time i keep looking around and seeing what one i want. i'm trying to decide between the marathon which i really like and the boulavard (sp?) i think i like the marathon better. have any of you seen it in the camo or the sports one?

thanks so much! i really appreciate the advice and help! i'm a car seat dummy!

capeKO71

Just wondering why you're limiting yourself to sears...

there are some online places that tend to have some closeout prices - www.albeebaby.com is one - or babycatalog.com is one.

Also - if you want to do sears - depending on the age of your child, you could always go with the new safety 1st Avenue - it's a nice 40lb seat - and then you could rear face in that and eventually get something that is a harnessing booster when your child outgrows that seat.

Just some thoughts!

geth

oh i wasn't limiting myself to sears. i just knew i could get a discount there and i didn't know about sales elsewhere. but i will be checking out those places for sure!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC