NEW AOE w/pictures!!

firemomof3

I went to BRU today and played with the new aol & I have to say, I like it! It came in 3 different patterns & I love the girly pattern! It does have 17.5" top harness slots & the harness adjustor was simple & quick. My 5y/o who is 47" tall & 45lbs. fit nicely with room to spare. It has great leg support & the seat isn't too heavy (like the EFTA) It does have high bottom slots (10.5") so i don't think it would work well for a newborn :(
Of course I completly forgot to check how it would be as a booster :doh:
My 2.5y/o who is 35" tall & 25lbs. fit perfectly rf and she had 6" of shell left above her head!! It was in the recline mode but I think you can install it rf without the recline mode (techs??)
AOE001.jpg

AOE002.jpg

AOE003.jpg

AOE004.jpg

AOE005.jpg

ADS

cpsaddict

Re: NEW AOL w/pictures!!

How much was it? I am thinking it might be better than previous models as a booster. The headrest looks to be shaped differently. Also, they didn't use the super nice straps they have on the Luxe versions of the AOE. Bummer. I do like the pattern though.

sunnymw

I like the strap covers too :) That seat thing is too cool, our stores don't have anything like that!!

BookMama

Senior Community Member

Still not my favorite seat, but I think they're going to sell a LOT of 'em. At least now we don't have to worry about the unusable top slot, or parents who keep their kids in them until 50 lbs. (There will still be those who keep them in after 50 lbs, I'm sure, :rolleyes: but still.)

TerisBoys

Looks nice!

I'm trying to decide if I like the strap covers or not - were they grippy at all on the back?

Brycen'sMommy

That looks really nice. I love the girly pattern too. I don't know if I would pay $169 for it but I know a lot of parents who would.

Hopefully we'll be seeing the lower priced versions soon too. It seems that Dorel frequently changes the cover options and when they do that they ship the old ones off to Big Lots, Albee Baby, etc. and sell them for around $80-$100. So when that starts happening it will be a pretty decent HWH seat at an awesome price.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So the top USEABLE with harness slot is 17.5? How does that compare to MA and others?

About half an inch taller (or shorter than the few people who are lucky enough to get 18 on their Radians, lol) than the RN/MA/EFTA/TF, I think.

firemomof3

Ya, the new AOE has higher harness slots & has a much deeper seat. The AOE has those arm rest, but they seemed pretty useless.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
About half an inch taller (or shorter than the few people who are lucky enough to get 18 on their Radians, lol) than the RN/MA/EFTA/TF, I think.

My DS is 7Y3M and 47 lbs. - I seriously think he would still fit in this seat. In April, he had about 1/2" until he hit the top slots in his sister's MA (not that I ever made him ride in her Mariposa MA :whistle: Oh wait, yes I did) and he hasn't grown a ton since then.

If I can bribe - er - get him to go to BRU with me and try out seats, I'll take some pictures and post them for everyone's enjoyment.

fyrfightermomma

Now we just have to get it in all our heads to consider recommending this seat to parents. We've been anti 3 in 1 so long, it should be interesting how many of us will eventually "convert" and agree that its a *sigh* decent seat.

I played with it today to, and I have to say I was impressed. No more 3 in 1 speeches for me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC