Hello Nautilus, Goodbye FP Safe Embrace

tjham

(Well, not really goodbye, yet, it will still be a spare. ;) )

My grandson is 3 and has been in the 2001, good for 8 yrs, FP Safe Embrace in his dad's truck for two years.
The truck is 14 yrs old. His dad got it new for his 16th birthday. He didn't mind an old seat in an old truck. ;)
Anyway, daddy just got a new Toyota Tacoma and wanted a new seat for the new truck. :D Well, of course!
I told him all about the Nautilus and he was sold.
He got the one at Target and brought it over today.
(This is the first car seat that either of my grandkids has that I have not bought!)
I got it all ready. DGS is just under third from top slots.

I bought one for DGD a few months ago and it was a PITA to put together.
This one was already together except for the headrest and the dad did that.
I just had to change the straps and crotch buckle.
Those roller things in the back are strange but not *too* hard to adjust.

Then we went out to install it. I reclined the back seat (cool feature) just a bit, hooked up the tether (super easy), installed it in the center with lap shoulder belt, and at first, it was really hard to get it tight. I was a little worried because I usually get seats tight by myself. It did take both of us to get it tight enough this time, but I think either one of us could get it next time, after seeing what we had to do. It really only took a few minutes, but in 115 degrees, it seemed like an hour!

It looks gorgeous in the new truck with dark gray interior.

So... the beloved, but a bit raggedy FP Safe Embrace is in the laundry room for a well deserved cleaning and then will be ready for spare duty along with it's twin, my other FPSE, already being used in Auntie's car.

And I'm so glad that my DGS's daddy is on the same page with my daughter and me about carseats (even though they are divorced :( )!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC