TF (MA) Install questions

Babynurse83

TF- Ok I completely see why some "hate" it (talking about the low harness adjuster and lock offs). Other than that I like it and plan to get a MA once they're on sale next month.

1. The horizontal line isn't horizontal. (This is RFing) That means it needs to be more at a angle right? The instructions say to use a pool noodle or towel but I'm not sure how that would fit underneath. I'm installing it in the center seat of FIL's 2000ish Crown Victoria (DH is borrowing it for now).

2. The video on their site says they've made it to not obstruct your view but DH complained of not being able to see out the back window (blind spot). Is this because it's not angled right? He's near or at 22 lbs now so the headrest has to be used.

3. I hear the MA is the easiest to install. I sure hope so because I'll make that our primary seat and just move it to other cars when needed. The TF isn't going anywhere, it was a hassle to install and reattach the cover...I surely can't see using it when we need to ride with someone...Whew!

4. Almost forgot. Reading up on how to use the LATCH RF and couldn't figure out if the straps were to criss cross and then go under the Lock off or if they came straight out and then went into the lock off. They did nothing but twist up when I tried it straigh out and under the lock off.

ADS

solmama

TF- Ok I completely see why some "hate" it (talking about the low harness adjuster and lock offs). Other than that I like it and plan to get a MA once they're on sale next month.

1. The horizontal line isn't horizontal. (This is RFing) That means it needs to be more at a angle right? The instructions say to use a pool noodle or towel but I'm not sure how that would fit underneath. I'm installing it in the center seat of FIL's 2000ish Crown Victoria (DH is borrowing it for now).

The horizontal line is only for infants. If your ds is 22lbs, he can have the seat at 35-45*. First Years has ok'd this.

2. The video on their site says they've made it to not obstruct your view but DH complained of not being able to see out the back window (blind spot). Is this because it's not angled right? He's near or at 22 lbs now so the headrest has to be used.

I think, with any seat, to expect some obstruction. I'm guessing they meant without the headrest

3. I hear the MA is the easiest to install. I sure hope so because I'll make that our primary seat and just move it to other cars when needed. The TF isn't going anywhere, it was a hassle to install and reattach the cover...I surely can't see using it when we need to ride with someone...Whew!

The cover doesn't need to be removed to install the TF. There are slits in the cover so the lockoffs can be reached easily.

4. Almost forgot. Reading up on how to use the LATCH RF and couldn't figure out if the straps were to criss cross and then go under the Lock off or if they came straight out and then went into the lock off. They did nothing but twist up when I tried it straigh out and under the lock off.

Refer to the instructions on how to feed the straps through the seatback to reach the rear-facing belt path.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC