Q about marathon

hunypooh77

I saw the new Hannah Marathon in Target the other night and was wondering why there is a patch on them now right below the marathon patch that says Side Impact Protection? Did they change something about the seats??

I think the other one they had had that patch on it too...

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
As in, a sewn-on patch or one of the demo stickers?

I don't think they've changed anything, but maybe they are responding to the fact that many other carseat companies are now advertising their seats with "side-impact protection," too, and they want to make sure it's loud & clear on theirs?

hunypooh77

Yes its a sewn in patch right below the one that says marathon on the cover....if you go to the target site and look at the hannah one or the other new one (dont remember its name) you can see that there is a patch below the other one...

all together ooky

I don't think they've changed the seat. I think it's because consumers are looking for side impact protection now. Notice it says, "Side Impact Protection" and not "True Side Impact Protection" like the Boulevard and Frontier. I think it's just marketing.

Kat_Momof3

because they want to advertise that they test all their seats for side impacts... so it is tested to provide side impact protection.

The boulevard, diplomat, frontier, and companion, however, provide TRUE side impact protection, by having headwings closer to the child's head.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC