Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Has anyone used stroller connectors?

I'm looking for a stroller(s) to take to Disneyland with a 1 yr old and 3 1/2 yr old (30 pds). We would need something to use for our flight (and of course risk getting damaged by the airlines so don't want something too fancy), and to and from our hotel as well as around the park all day. I think being light but also sturdy enough to hold some of our belongings without tipping, as well as something that reclined would also be necessary for both (they both still nap). I'm wondering if anyone has tried those stroller clips that you can attach 2 strollers to become a double (3 plastic clips). Are they too good to be true or do they actually work? I'm thinking that would be really convenient then my hubby and I could take turns either each pushing one stroller or if only one of is around we could clip them together. I've only read a couple reviews about them and the only downfall I could see is that you are wider than a doorframe when you are clipped together (which doesn't matter at disney). I used to have a Baby Planet Unity but I sold it because we never used it. My oldest doesn't really like being in a stroller but I think at Disney that would change. Also if you have any recommendations on a stroller you think would work for this age I'm all ears.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Has anyone used stroller connectors?

I carry those clips at work. They hold the strollers apart from each other. A really pain in the but the push both. What about somethinglike this instead?

CPS Technician

My understanding is that the strollers you can rent at Disney are actually REALLY nice. Have you thought about something like a Maclaren Volo for the youngest when not at the park, and renting a double or two singles while at the park?
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA

Carseat Crazy

we've used the connectors and really liked them. we've used them with umbrella strollers and with our 2 aria's. i like our double stroller alot better though (we have the tandem eddie bauer umbrella stroller).
    Jet 6/05 Marvel 8/06
    Cash 2/09 Fox 2/09
    Ada due very soon!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I did think about renting the disney ones until I heard that you can't go back and forth to the parks with them, you have to return and recheck out. That sounds like a drag. Also I'm not sure how comfy those disney ones would be for nappers (cause my boys are nappers!)

Carseat Crazy

For our first disney trip in 2006 (boys were almost 3), we took our 2 umbrella strollers and used connectors (set of 3 from Burlington coat Factory, paid $ 9.99). Yes, they make the stroller wider than a regular double, but like you said, it doesn't really matter there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockafeller View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I did think about renting the disney ones until I heard that you can't go back and forth to the parks with them, you have to return and recheck out. That sounds like a drag. Also I'm not sure how comfy those disney ones would be for nappers (cause my boys are nappers!)
    Each park has strollers and you pay each day for the stroller rental. They are actually pretty comfy for sleepers as they are long and the child can stretch the legs.

ive never used them but i have heard alot of people use them for traveling w/umbrella stroller...i have had to push two umbrella strollers at the same time and it wasnt that bad..so the connecters would make it awesome i would think! just maybe make sure u use the same size and type of umbrella strollers so its not lopsided? at walmart they sell those cosco umbrella style strollers that have cupholders and all that...
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5

I have an Esprit Sunspeed (green apple) that I use as my everyday stroller. I love it (for the price $109CAD). I never read about anyone with these, even the reviews are pretty limited but they are nice and light, fully recline, look nice. I think I might buy another and give the connectors a try that way both boys can recline and the strollers will be the same height. Thanks again everyone