Has anyone used stroller connectors?

Rockafeller

I'm looking for a stroller(s) to take to Disneyland with a 1 yr old and 3 1/2 yr old (30 pds). We would need something to use for our flight (and of course risk getting damaged by the airlines so don't want something too fancy), and to and from our hotel as well as around the park all day. I think being light but also sturdy enough to hold some of our belongings without tipping, as well as something that reclined would also be necessary for both (they both still nap). I'm wondering if anyone has tried those stroller clips that you can attach 2 strollers to become a double (3 plastic clips). Are they too good to be true or do they actually work? I'm thinking that would be really convenient then my hubby and I could take turns either each pushing one stroller or if only one of is around we could clip them together. I've only read a couple reviews about them and the only downfall I could see is that you are wider than a doorframe when you are clipped together (which doesn't matter at disney). I used to have a Baby Planet Unity but I sold it because we never used it. My oldest doesn't really like being in a stroller but I think at Disney that would change. Also if you have any recommendations on a stroller you think would work for this age I'm all ears.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I carry those clips at work. They hold the strollers apart from each other. A really pain in the but the push both. What about somethinglike this instead?

Wineaux

My understanding is that the strollers you can rent at Disney are actually REALLY nice. Have you thought about something like a Maclaren Volo for the youngest when not at the park, and renting a double or two singles while at the park?

aja

we've used the connectors and really liked them. we've used them with umbrella strollers and with our 2 aria's. i like our double stroller alot better though (we have the tandem eddie bauer umbrella stroller).

Rockafeller

Thanks everyone for your responses. I did think about renting the disney ones until I heard that you can't go back and forth to the parks with them, you have to return and recheck out. That sounds like a drag. Also I'm not sure how comfy those disney ones would be for nappers (cause my boys are nappers!)

Carefulove

For our first disney trip in 2006 (boys were almost 3), we took our 2 umbrella strollers and used connectors (set of 3 from Burlington coat Factory, paid $ 9.99). Yes, they make the stroller wider than a regular double, but like you said, it doesn't really matter there.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I did think about renting the disney ones until I heard that you can't go back and forth to the parks with them, you have to return and recheck out. That sounds like a drag. Also I'm not sure how comfy those disney ones would be for nappers (cause my boys are nappers!)

Each park has strollers and you pay each day for the stroller rental. They are actually pretty comfy for sleepers as they are long and the child can stretch the legs.

lovemybabies924

ive never used them but i have heard alot of people use them for traveling w/umbrella stroller...i have had to push two umbrella strollers at the same time and it wasnt that bad..so the connecters would make it awesome i would think! just maybe make sure u use the same size and type of umbrella strollers so its not lopsided? at walmart they sell those cosco umbrella style strollers that have cupholders and all that...

Rockafeller

I have an Esprit Sunspeed (green apple) that I use as my everyday stroller. I love it (for the price $109CAD). I never read about anyone with these, even the reviews are pretty limited but they are nice and light, fully recline, look nice. I think I might buy another and give the connectors a try that way both boys can recline and the strollers will be the same height. Thanks a:thumbsup:gain everyone:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC