Not sure what to do...Poll

What should I get? Please read post first! :)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hsjwmom

Even though this is long, please read this BEFORE voting!

:rolleyes: part 1:

I think I want to get a decent umbrella stroller for dd3. We'd start using it at the end of this month when we'll be flying to PA. Among other things, we'll be spending a day at Idlewild Park (an amusement park geared toward children NOT teens) Thing is, I'm not sure how much we'll use a stroller. I have a Chicco C1 that dd doesn't use all that much right now. It is pretty heavy and bulky, so I definitely won't be taking it anyway. DD much prefers to be worn in our Hotslings pouch or the Ergo. I'm just not sure I'm going to want to wear her the whole time. It gets hot and starts bothering my back or shoulders after a while.

:eek: part 2

If I get one, which should it be? I'm leaning toward a Maclaren, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm trying to decide between a 2006 Pink Flag Triumph for $110 or a 2006 Salmon Volo for $80 or a 2008 Raspberry Black Volo for $115. I really like the 2008 Volo because it is girly and has a black hood. It seems like I've heard that the light colored hoods get dirty and show it? I'm not huge on the Triumph's colors, but if it is the better choice, I don't mind it. I like the Salmon Volo, but I'm worried about the hood looking bad after a short while. There IS a Carbon 2006 Volo there for $80, I just had kinda hoped for a girly stroller, ya know? (I didn't get to pick the pattern on our Chicco and I don't really like it) Anyway, if I do get one of these, it really needs to last until we're done with strollers all together. Dh is not going to be happy about yet another baby purchase so price is definitely a factor. :eek:

eta: Hood size is a factor too! I don't want dd catching a lot of sun.

ADS

MoreLatte

Have you looked into the Peg Perego Pliko lite? It was discontinued, I purchased one on Albeebaby.com for $109 and absolutely love it. Your DD would probably benefit from the 4position recline. I love the cup-holder, pouch on the back of the hood and simple fold. It also stands alone when folded and has a carrying handle. Oh, and it has a generous canopy that can rotate forward a bit, very handy. I've checked out the Maclarens over and over again, but still can't find a reason to replace our pliko lite.

HEVY

If you're not not really use it I would try something cheaper.

But I voted for the 2006 Pink Flag Triumph for $110

hsjwmom

Have you looked into the Peg Perego Pliko lite? It was discontinued, I purchased one on Albeebaby.com for $109 and absolutely love it. Your DD would probably benefit from the 4position recline. I love the cup-holder, pouch on the back of the hood and simple fold. It also stands alone when folded and has a carrying handle. Oh, and it has a generous canopy that can rotate forward a bit, very handy. I've checked out the Maclarens over and over again, but still can't find a reason to replace our pliko lite.

It does look pretty nice... about how much does is weigh? Also, are you sure about the 4 position recline? The description at Albee says 2 position? Is it wrong?

Hevy:
Why the Triumph over the Volo? Is it because it can recline?

Keep the responses coming! Thank you :D

MoreLatte

{It does look pretty nice... about how much does is weigh? Also, are you sure about the 4 position recline? The description at Albee says 2 position? Is it wrong?}

Sorry, I was thinking about another stroller that I have;) I just ran out to check mine, The Pliko does recline into 2 positions, so 3 positions total. It doesn't lie completely flat but does have a nice recline for sleeping, and an extendable leg rest. It weighs about 16#. I recently recommended this to a friend and she loves it, too.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Volo is great, but I would hesitate to get it for a little one like yours. I would want a recline for an infant. :twocents:

HEVY

Yes, it is because of the recline and it's real cute :) I did also like the colors on the Raspberry, and the all mesh of the Carbon, but if I were to buy one it would be the Triumph.

But if you were to choose the Volo then I would try a cheaper option, it doesn't look any different from a $20 umbrella stroller, without the shoulder straps.

BW1426

How about the Maclaren Quest in swap :whistle:

Never mind, I vote for the Triumph. I don't like that it only goes to 40 lbs, but it is super cute and it reclines:)

Hmmm, did I mention I was indecisive ;) I vote for looking for a great deal on a girly Quest. Gap has a super cute pattern that you could look for on Ebay or you could post an ISO in swap. I just think it's a total bummer the Triumph only goes to 40 lbs.

Last edited:

hsjwmom

Gap has a super cute pattern that you could look for on Ebay or you could post an ISO in swap.

You just HAD to tell me about that Quest at Gap.

I :love: it!

That totally changes the situation. See, when I mentioned a new stroller to dh...um. well. let's just say it did not go over well. :whistle:

BUT. I have reward points that I can turn in for gift cards :D I just didn't think any of the stores I could get cards for carried Maclaren. Well, Gap is one of the places I can get a gift card! I asked dh if he would have a problem with it if I didn't have to spend anything and he said go for it. :cool:

Here's the thing, though. I only have enough for $175 in gift cards and the Quest is $249. If I apply for a Gap card, I would get 20% off and free shipping, so I would only pay $24. OR I can just get the pink/black Volo and not bother applying for a Gap card. and not have to pay anything at all.

Here's something else I'm thinking about. Do I really want to take a nice, expensive stroller on the plane? The horrors of gate-checking and all...

Did I mention I'm a bit indecisive? :eek:

BW1426

Ummmm, you NEED the Gap Quest. I have the blue print because the brown and pink was out of stock when I ordered mine.

I'd skip the Volo, I'm so thankful for the recline on the Quest. One family I babysit for travels quite a bit and their Quest has gone everywhere on all different air carriers with them for the last 4.5 years and it's still in wonderful condition.

hsjwmom

Thank you soooo much for the enabling. :rolleyes:

So, I just ordered the gift cards. Looks like I'm getting a Gap exclusive edition Quest!! Yay, me! :D

Rosey

Congrats!!! You won't regret it. And it will still have good resale value in a few years when you are finished with it. You'll get that $24 back ;)

I was going to vote against the Volo too and suggest at least the Triumph. Ebay has good prices for anyone else looking. Can't beat using Gap gift cards. I wouldn't worry about the plane. Maclarens are tough and you can get an off-brand travel bag for $13 on walmart.com with free site to store shipping or amazon has the same off brand one. That will prevent dirt. http://www.amazon.com/Gate-Check-Um...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1217856034&sr=8-3

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC